AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last week I bought BENQ w1070 projector.

It works great when plugged in to a PC/laptop - bluray movies look absolutely amazing :)

However, I am having issues when connecting it to my Xbox 360 elite (year:2009) with HDMI cable cos the projector does not see the source. (Note: the same HDMI cables were tested to connect the projector to a laptop and they worked OK)

So far I've tried:
- different HDMI cables
- changing resolution on both (I've tried changing the display settings even on a connected projector, with no vision)
- enabling/disabling display discovery on the xbox
- powering on/off the machines - in many different combinations/sequences
- downloading and installing the latest software/updates on my xbox
- restoring system settings on both
- I am also in-touch with both, BENQ and Microsoft support (I've spoken to 5 different people) - no news there :(

I have even gone as far as page 10 on Google search to find the resolution but no luck! :confused:

Has any of you ever heard of such problems? I don't want to use a component cable as it will downgrade the picture's quality (I intent to play on an 80 inch screen).

Thanks a lot for your help!
Anna :kiss:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Hi all,

Last week I bought BENQ w1070 projector.

It works great when plugged in to a PC/laptop - bluray movies look absolutely amazing :)

However, I am having issues when connecting it to my Xbox 360 elite (year:2009) with HDMI cable cos the projector does not see the source. (Note: the same HDMI cables were tested to connect the projector to a laptop and they worked OK)

So far I've tried:
- different HDMI cables
- changing resolution on both (I've tried changing the display settings even on a connected projector, with no vision)
- enabling/disabling display discovery on the xbox
- powering on/off the machines - in many different combinations/sequences
- downloading and installing the latest software/updates on my xbox
- restoring system settings on both
- I am also in-touch with both, BENQ and Microsoft support (I've spoken to 5 different people) - no news there :(

I have even gone as far as page 10 on Google search to find the resolution but no luck! :confused:

Has any of you ever heard of such problems? I don't want to use a component cable as it will downgrade the picture's quality (I intent to play on an 80 inch screen).

Thanks a lot for your help!
Anna :kiss:
Connect the xbox to a TV or monitor and set the HDMI settings. Don't leave them to "Auto" or something. My W1070 doesn't seem to negotiate settings very well for HDMI. Pick settings in the xbox that should be supported by the Benq like 1080P/60. Be sure the xbox is powered on for 5 minutes before turning on the W1070. My W1070 will take 10 minutes of "Detect" - " no signal" - "Detect" cycling if my H-K AVR247 receive was not powered on for 5 minutes before turning on my W1070. If the AVR is on for 5 minutes first, then the Benq locks on immediately. You could be having a similar issue with the xbox initializing everything including its HDMI at the same time as the Benq is trying to find an already established stable HDMI partner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Connect the xbox to a TV or monitor and set the HDMI settings. Don't leave them to "Auto" or something. My W1070 doesn't seem to negotiate settings very well for HDMI. Pick settings in the xbox that should be supported by the Benq like 1080P/60. Be sure the xbox is powered on for 5 minutes before turning on the W1070. My W1070 will take 10 minutes of "Detect" - " no signal" - "Detect" cycling if my H-K AVR247 receive was not powered on for 5 minutes before turning on my W1070. If the AVR is on for 5 minutes first, then the Benq locks on immediately. You could be having a similar issue with the xbox initializing everything including its HDMI at the same time as the Benq is trying to find an already established stable HDMI partner.
I've tried that with no luck. I've picked 1080p and then tried with some other resolutions. I also disabled the AUTO detecting on my xbox so to prevent it from automatically adjusting the resolution.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had this issue in the past. Very frustrating. It seemed like a handshake problem to me.

I'm using an Xbox One now and there is no issue, but when I was on the 360, I'd sometime have difficulty getting the 360 to talk to the Projector. I was connecting through an A/V receiver and my problem was usually when the 360 was already powered on and sitting idle on the home screen. When I cycled the receiver input over to select the xbox, sometimes it would have difficulty detecting the xbox and connecting. It seemed like since there was no activity on the screen, there was a difficulty detecting the signal. Usually a few button mashes or moving the thumb sticks left and right to create some movement on the xbox, and they would talk to each other. If they still didn't connect, then a reboot (or two) of the xbox, usually got them to talk to each other. I assumed it was my receiver's handshake issue. I had a Pioneer at the time and they had some issues like that.

Are you connecting though an AV receiver or directly into the projector? That might be the problem.
If you try a direct connection from xbox to projector, I'd suggest making sure the Projector is powered up first and the correct input is selected, and then power on the xbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts