AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was recently given a Benq W1500 for free - my first projector - and it just needed a new lamp.

To save a bit of cash I bought a bulb, swapped it out fine and it works, except it turns off after about 1 minute.

The error notification is indicating a fan issue and I have worked out it could be caused by the old bulb exploding (which it had) and bits of glass getting into the blower fan and stopping it turning properly (which they most likely have as there was glass everywhere inside)

To access the blower fan to give it a clean I need to get the top panel off.

I have removed the 5 bottom screws and the top panel screws and released all the catches around the edges but it just won't come off. The area around the Lens Shift dial seems fixed to the main body and is stopping me pulling the top off and I can see no way to remove the Lens Shift.

I have managed to remove a ton of glass and dust but it is still turning off after 1 minute.

Any videos or instructions I have found online seem to for different models without this lens shift panel and their tops come off really easily.

Does anyone know how to get the top off or where I can find a service manual?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have removed the 5 bottom screws and the top panel screws and released all the catches around the edges but it just won't come off. The area around the Lens Shift dial seems fixed to the main body and is stopping me pulling the top off and I can see no way to remove the Lens Shift.
Any luck yet?
I have the same problem with a Benq W1400. I am not able to remove the vertical lens-shift screw.

EDIT: LoL, just found out myself: There is small black plastic plate on top of the black plastic wheel. I removed it by accident when trying things. Anyways, inside the center of the wheel is a small metal screw. After removing it, you can lift the top panel.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Guys - Hit up FixItFrank on YouTube and check out his videos. He has a ton of insight, skill, and will respond to you (typically) on questions about specifics. He is an excellent resource and one of the few putting his repair skills out there for others to learn from. Look for videos first, because they may answer your questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any luck yet?
I have the same problem with a Benq W1400. I am not able to remove the vertical lens-shift screw.

EDIT: LoL, just found out myself: There is small black plastic plate on top of the black plastic wheel. I removed it by accident when trying things. Anyways, inside the center of the wheel is a small metal screw. After removing it, you can lift the top panel.
I found the same thing, also buy accident! All glass cleaned out and fully functional now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts