AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old projector, but still, I would appreciate if I could have an opinion by people who have more experience with projectors than I do. I have an opportunity to buy a BenQ W500 very cheaply. However, it has some convergence issues. Might there be a chance I'd be able to fix that myself on that particular type of projector?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I know this is an old projector, but still, I would appreciate if I could have an opinion by people who have more experience with projectors than I do. I have an opportunity to buy a BenQ W500 very cheaply. However, it has some convergence issues. Might there be a chance I'd be able to fix that myself on that particular type of projector?

Thank you.
Very cheaply on a 8 year old model better be less than free.

LCD panels can't be aligned easily unless it's built into the projector design, which to my knowledge, it isn't on the W500.

No chance I would touch that model. None.

I would figure out a budget, and what it is your are trying to achieve, then do some homework in all of it. Be very aware, that projectors use $250+ replacement lamps, and used models without warranties are always a question mark. Your gamble with your money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts