AVS Forum banner

BenQ W5000 - 1080p DLP for under $3K

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Vic Y 
#1 ·
I just received an e-mail from a Canadian e-tailer about the release of the BenQ in Canada for under $3K. I can't discuss pricing but let's say that it squeeked into this forum by a few hundred bucks based on the Canadian retail price.

Oddly enough, I haven't been able to track down pricing in the U.S. yet???

FWIW - this sounds like one heck of a projector! DLP, 10,000:1 contrast (utilizing a dual iris), 1200 lumen, moderate throw (13' for a 98" screen), 2 HDMI inputs, 12 volt trigger, etc. It also incorporates the feature that allows the user to eliminate the black bars from a 2.35:1 (or wider) film apparently without distorting the image (we'll see).

This is good news. With an initial street price of under $3K should mean sub $2K in a few months. I'm also not sure about BenQ's 'screw-Canada policy'. I would imagine the U.S. retail would be lower.

#10 ·
It's a nice value projector,

one of the best I've seen for the price,

in fact it often offers an image better than projectors costing much more, IMO

The original release price was very very good in Canada, its gone up $400 since then at the big warehouse.

I looked closely at a number of projectors over the last 18 months and the w5000 was the keeper, the only other one I'd recommend over it is the Sharp 20000, but its much louder and costs much much more...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.