AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you connect household cable to the projector? It doesnt have that coaxial twist on connector thats on the back of the tv. Do I need to buy a digital cable box and then use a component or hdmi connector?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanle /forum/post/15455852

How would you connect household cable to the projector? It doesnt have that coaxial twist on connector thats on the back of the tv. Do I need to buy a digital cable box and then use a component or hdmi connector?

You need a device with a tuner. Connect the coax to the tuner and then you can connect the tuner to your projector. The cable you use depends on what connections the tuner and projector have in common. Now days every projector and tuner has component. Many have DVI and/or HDMI. You can get a cable box from your cable company or you can buy a tuner. I purchased my own tuner. www.epvision.com/ I get basic cable from our local cable company and use the tuner to send the signal to my projector. The PHD 205 also has a QAM tuner so it will pick up the unencrypted HD channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts