AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please guys, come to my rescue. I've scratchin my hair off trying to figure out which of these projector is the best. Please rate this projector from 1 to 4(1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest ratings). Please all opinions count. I'm bout to pull the trigger on one of them. I heard that the Benq W5000 has a image noise problem and placement issue. So If you own one of these projectors, please advice. Thanks

Benq W5000

EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 1080

Sony VPL-VW60 LCD Projector

Mitsibushi HC5500

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know much about the other 3 but eh Benq W5000 is and excellent projector and offers more placement than most DLP units in the same price range. The noise issue has been fixed just make sure you get the lates firmware version fo 2.01.

·
Registered
397 Posts
benq 5000 is the best choice.It has a very decent vertical lens shift so you won't have any problems...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like everyone is favoring benq W5000. Is the firmware upgrade something I can do myself? or I have to take it to the dealer store? I heard Benq has a crisp picture, but what about the black level? And is it able to the 24fps? Also, does anyone knows if the picture noise was fixed in the new firmware. Can someone with benq W5000 confirm this please. Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbie /forum/post/17029364

It looks like everyone is favoring benq W5000. Is the firmware upgrade something I can do myself? or I have to take it to the dealer store? I heard Benq has a crisp picture, but what about the black level? And is it able to the 24fps? Also, does anyone knows if the picture noise was fixed in the new firmware. Can someone with benq W5000 confirm this please. Thanks

No you can't do the firmware upgrade yourself. If the one you buy doesn't have the latest firmware upgrade you'll have to send it in to Benq.

Black level is very good if calibrated correctly, yet could still use some improvement in that area.

Yes, it will do 24fps.

Noise in picture is a non issue for most W5k owners, after the firmware update..... there was more than one.

And yes I'm a W5K owner for 13 months.

Have a look here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=957897

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.