I will be getting some hands on time with this HT5550 at BenQ's HT3550/HT5550 launch even in NYC on the 21st. Anything you all would like me to test for you?
- creative frame interpolation - how well does it work, are interpolation artefacts visible (in the higher settings)?
- lens shift mechanism and range - since a horizontal lens shift is also available how precise is the lens shift alignment (i.e. does the horizontal lens shift interfere with the vertical one, is it tight or loose?) and what lens shift range can we expect (e.g. could you put the projector on the same horizontal axis as the center of the screen)?
- does it feature a digital image shift, i.e. could you move a 21:9 image segment (has the letterbox bars on a 16:9 screen) up or down?
- does it have blanking and if so, what's the blanking range?
- supposedly the blacks are blacker than with the HT3550, would be interesting to learn if this is something worth writing home about
Many thanx in advance.