AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Benq 8700+ and a DVDO ISCAN HD+, I know I would need to buy a new screen, but what kind of lense do I need? If I spent around 400-500 for the lense would the pq degrade?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny /forum/post/19621335

I have a Benq 8700+ and a DVDO ISCAN HD+, I know I would need to buy a new screen, but what kind of lense do I need? If I spent around 400-500 for the lense would the pq degrade?

You get what you pay for. There are several options that won't degrade the PQ, however all are well over $500. Is this not a 720P display?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes its 720p, how much does a nice lense cost? thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny
yes its 720p, how much does a nice lense cost? thank you for your reply.
It depends on what PQ level you want to achieve. There is a nice small cylindrical that would work well for your 720. It doesn't work so well for 1080 though, so if you plan to upgrade, you'd be best to let this lens go with the projector.

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
The Prismasonic HD5000 is a corrected prism lens. I picked up one of the B-stock units (looks perfect to me) and am using it with my Planar 8150. It is very nice. I think in general, an good new lens will probably be about $2000. You might be able to get used or B-stock for a little less.

You can get a Vertical Compression lens (like the Panamorph 750/P752) for about your budget. I used one of those (still have it) for a long time and it worked well though it did cause some CA and barel distortion. Though that was mostly visible with test pattern type stuff.

The Prismasonic is noticiably better an IMO worth it, but it's a good bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts