AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard for the first time a set of B&O Beolab 5. What a revelation. I was shocked by how good the bass was, tight, detailed powerful and loud. B&O claims that the speaker goes down to 14hz. Can't confirm it does but it sure has lots of clean output for such a small size. How did they do it and how is that possible?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orologio /forum/post/20855373

I heard for the first time a set of B&O Beolab 5. What a revelation. I was shocked by how good the bass was, tight, detailed powerful and loud. B&O claims that the speaker goes down to 14hz. Can't confirm it does but it sure has lots of clean output for such a small size. How did they do it and how is that possible?

With active dsp, and 2.5kw of on-board power (5000watts for a pair), added to ample Boundary Gain and Pressure Vessel Gain, an enthusiast adept at proper set up and optimization could achieve "detailed powerful and loud" bass at the LP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.