AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had a set of three Berkline 45090 "Matinee" home theater seats for several years. I know the company is out of business.

Does anyone have a set of these chairs with the "connector plate" which connects the adjoining chairs together? If so, could you please post a photo showing the installed plate?

My chairs are in a new, elevated, location and without connecting them, sometimes one chair can tip when a person exits with the leg rest extended. If i can see the part installed, I can probably make something similar.

Thanks!

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,682 Posts
I have Berliner 99s.

You should not exit with the footrest extended, if the chair didn't tip you might snap the footrest bracket.

I'm not aware that connecting plates were ever available
If it is a straight row tip them all forward an figure out what you can attach to the bottoms that would connect them together.

Be warned you snap the footrest bracket you will need to search for that part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am certain that they made connector plates as they are mentioned in the literature. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any plates for sale nor any installation instructions online (which would at least show what they look like and where they are installed).

If anyone has further info on these, it would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
As far as I know and remember, the Berkline did not have connector plates on any of their domestic groups, including 45090.

They had some fasteners on their imported groups, and only on the curved sets, which was very confusing for the customers, so they stopped using them entirely.

If you want to keep your seats together, you can try using heavy duty wire ties, and hook the frames together under the chairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts