AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Vendor
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

We are glad to offer another Berkline Home Theater Seating Power Buy!

Here is a direct link to the official Classified Power Buy section page.

Here is a direct link to the official Berkline Seating page. Please do follow the link and read all the Power Buy details. You may find most answers you may have on that page.

We have many chairs in stock. We can also custom order you any domestic group.

Please email to [email protected] (indicate AVSForum Power Buy in the subject line) or call us at (732) 617-2348.

This thread is reserved for questions and comments. Please feel free to share the pictures of your theaters with the new seats in it

As always thank you for your support.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I just may be the first in on this, but I know I won't be the last! Started my order a little early, pending this powerbuy, which allowed me to afford the Game Console for the price I was looking. Ordering 45086's. Now here's hoping to winning the Popcorn maker! (My youngest LOVES popcorn!, but who doesn't)

Thanks Roman.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I started shopping for theater seating in local retail stores. They had scant options available without resorting to special orders. What they had in stock was not what we wanted -- either too expensive and too wide for our 11'x17' room, god awful baby puke colors, indistinguishable from K-Mart chairs, or not enough seats. We could special order a configuration that would fit and in better colors, but we would not be eligible for the sale prices and would have had to wait 6-8 weeks.

Then we started shopping online. The bargain of the month seemed to be the Berkline 12003's -- very stylish, lavish comfort, acceptable configuration and width available, and a fraction of the price of anything we'd seen thus far. I love the Internet! Thanks Al Gore!

Anyway, we found tons of sites online with an impressive array of seating from which to choose. One even offered free tactile transducers for every seat. They all had pictures of cheerful, White Anglo-Saxon Protestant operators ready to cater to your every whim. They emblazoned toll-free numbers welcoming your mad ranting, your self-entitled unreasonable demands, and your whining. They all seemed to beckon and say, “Spend your money here, and we will make all your problems melt away.”

At first, we chose the place offering the free transducers. There was a price discrepancy between the order page and the beauteous graphics promising luxury, riches, fame, glory, and an end to male pattern baldness. So I thought I would get a human to promise to fix the order before I placed it. I called. I got directed to voicemail. I hate leaving voicemail! I did so, begrudgingly, and I sent an email just in case. I told them, "You have chairs. I need chairs. I have money. You want money. I think we can work out a mutually beneficial arrangement. Call me back, please." I waited.

While waiting, I continued Googling. rtheaters.com consistently came up. I didn't pay much attention. After all, the site avoids posting any prices. Shopping for furniture online is dubious enough without being able to sit in your choice before being committed to the sale. Did I have to add to this stress? Did I have to call just to get an inflated price similar to those in my area retail stores, then have to find a polite way to decline a pushy salesman? No, rtheaters.com was not the most inviting prospect.

I found another site offering the set I wanted. I decided that just in case something goes wrong, I want to be sure there's a human ready to talk to me. I called. No answer. I left a voicemail. I wearily continued Googling.

The Avsforum sang high praise for some guy named Roman. Exhausted from the futility of my web scouring, I paused to listen. Post after post, testimonials lauded hero tales of how Roman has saved the day once again. I thought, “I could use a Roman. Roman has a website. Hmmm. It’s this rtheaters place again.”

It was near 9:00 PM. No sane person does business that late. I called without much expectation. Roman answered. A… human… answered! Just for giggles, I had him quote me a price for a set of four Berkline 12003’s. The price, including shipping, was similar to the other, more impressive sites I had tried -- and about $1000 less than the retail stores! Roman was professional, courteous, patient, helpful, pleasant, and just generally perfect. And a human answered!

I checked out resellerratings.com. rtheaters.com was listed with a near perfect rating. The message boards love Roman. The Internet loves Roman. Al Gore loves Roman. How bad could he be?

So I ask the wife, “Sweetie, can I send a small fortune via PayPal to some random guy on a message board for our theater seats?”

Luckily, she was exhausted as well, and just told me to do whatever I thought was best.

I had a lot of luck the night I ordered. I was lucky to find Roman. I was lucky Roman was getting ready to start a power buy, and that he was willing to give me the power buy pricing. I was lucky the other vendors never returned my calls or emails.

And this is the result. (Snapped with a cell phone camera. Aura Bass Shaker pics forthcoming when I install them.)

The wife and I are pleased, to say the least. The chairs are handsome, a perfect fit for that room, and are sooooo comfortable. So now I am joining the chorus singing Roman's praises. Roman for the win!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Calraith,

Can't agree more with your comments. I too did alot of searching but ended up going with what the mass amount of people on the board said, Roman. It was a great experience and we got 9 of the exact same 12003's that you have, but no shakers.

Oh and now I don't have to worry about putting up pictures, cause it would be just like yours.......Exact some set of 4. We also have a back row of 5 but I don't have any where to put them yet, shipping was way too fast(was expecting to wait awhile to get them). Atleast faster then my build.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just ordered a set of 13174 from Roman today. Great service, and unbeatable price compared to local dealers. Roman answered all my questions and was extremely helpful over the phone and via email. Literally saved over $1500 vs quoted price from local dealer. Can't wait to get them setup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased 6 Berline 13175 in a leather vinyl combo from Roman. I live an hours away from Roman so I was able to check out different Berkline models. I picked up the seats and installed them myself. Piece of cake !

Roman is very knowledgeable and a man of his word. The seating is very good quality and very comfortable. Whoever sits in them loves them! Roman made it easy. Furniture stores are clueless and overpriced.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
interesting setup electro Tanning machine man, middle person have to share cupholder!

·
Lifetime Member
1,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotanman /forum/post/18177251

I know. Was not happy about loosing a cupholder but have 2 older daughters at home so the love seats were a must. So they cuddle with their boyfriends and nothing else I hope !

hah i have the exact same setup! 2 loveseats in the middle, straddled by single chairs on the side, except mine are 12006.

·
Registered
15 Posts
With HT seating, I was expecting a bunch of WAF issues and plenty of stress;
but with Roman helping me, By far, this was the least stressful decisions with my HT setup including resolutions to the WAF issues.

Since last few days, I had been working with Roman to order a set of 13174's. It has been fantastic experience so far. He is one of the excellent sales persons that I ever met. He has answered all my questions to our satisfaction and provided valuable information about home theater seating.

I can't wait any longer to receive my chairs. Pictures are coming soon!

-Nilk

·
Registered
18 Posts
another satisfied customer of roman's here,i had several questions,and i mean several LOL roman answered them all and in a timely and professional manner,i ordered 4 13174's from him and cant wait to get them,thanks again roman,travis

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered from Roman as well. I want to take time to write this review to thank him. I ordered 5 chairs of the 12003 line from him. The arrangement was I0V000V0I because my wife wanted a full sofa without arms in the middle.

After I changed my order with Roman (from originally a set of 13175's), everything was set for delivery last Wednesday. Unfortunately, Roman made an honest mistake and submitted the original order and not the changed order. So, we had to stop the delivery and wait for new chairs. This was a problem because we had given away our old sofas to charity and nothing to sit on in our theater room.

Roman, being as gracious as he is, admitted the mistake and paid for the extra expense of a special re-delivery on this past Saturday. Everything went off without a hitch this time. Roman's level of customer service is rare to find these days. It really was a pleasure doing business with him.

----------

Quick note on the Berklines. I love the chairs, but I have one issue with them. The padding and stuffing in them doesn't seem to be uniform...at least not in the 12003 model. Some chairbacks seem to have more stuffing in them than others. I tend to like a firmer back so I wish they had a little more padding and stuffing in them. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolomaldini /forum/post/18196625

I ordered from Roman as well. I want to take time to write this review to thank him. I ordered 5 chairs of the 12003 line from him. The arrangement was I0V000V0I because my wife wanted a full sofa without arms in the middle.

And I thought we were the only goofy ones who got a setup like that. Same reason though WIFE wanted couch in middle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mopar,

Yeah, my wife wanted the "look" of a sofa and not too many "arms". She said it would look tacky so I had to compromise.

What do you think of the cushioning on the 12003's? Do you think they could be stuffed more, or do you like their consistency?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.