Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

This is the first 2008 Berkline Home Theater Seating Power buy.

Please refer to the AVS Classifieds Power buy section http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/vbcla...?do=ad&id=1928 for details.

This thread will be reserved for posting any related questions, comments and pictures.

As always we appreciate your support.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I purchased during the summer 2007 Powerbuy and the chairs, service, and price from Roman were/are awesome.

You can check out my eight 45004's (Black) in my construction thread.

-T.Wells

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered Berkline 13174, 1 row 4 seats, straight configuration from Roman on his first 2008 Berkline Home Theater Seating Power buy. He has good/competive prices. He answered all my questions regarding his products, both via emails and telephone calls. I'm now waiting for a delivery date, which I hope is soon, so I can start enjoying my home theater seats.

·
Registered
118 Posts
can either of the 13174 or 13175 be made in a config such as shown at he bottom of the 978, IOIOOIOI ? Can an arm be taken off? How would you describe the leather on those 2 lines?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uwansumadis,

None of the groups that start with 13 including 13174 and 13175 can be configured with the loveseat or couch configuration. The pieces that are available see them here: 13174 specs and 13175 specs will not allow putting together the configurations like that.

Both leathers that are used on these groups 7023 on 13174 and 75013 on 13175 are nice and soft. I'd say that the 75013 is slightly better quality and similar to 7077 group 3 leather in terms of softness and look.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks,

I have had a problem with the phone lines in the first part of the day. It is working fine now.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh /forum/post/12893352

Both leathers that are used on these groups 7023 on 13174 and 75013 on 13175 are nice and soft. I'd say that the 75013 is slightly better quality and similar to 7077 group 3 leather in terms of softness and look.

How do these compare to the 13084, which you also have on your site? It seems to be avaiable at a similar price point. I have read that these are very similar to the 090's. These seemed to have been discussed a lot here on the forum.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
uwansumadis,

I already expressed my opinion about the 13084s in the other thread. I do not like them, and I feel that they are one of the worst ones among all Berkline style groups comfort wise. When people compare them with the 090s I truly believe that it is realy unfare comparison. The 090 is much, much, much better chair. The 13084 does not come even close... Please take it as my opinion only. You will find many people happy with this group just because they probably have nothing to compare it to. The Berkline took 13084, modified the seat making it a chaise and sold to COSTCO as 13127 group. While I do like the chaise design, I still do not like the back on this chair (very uncomfortable to me), the armrests are awkward, and the leather is not as good as I would have liked it to be.

I usually go to the Market twice a year to make sure that I try all the chairs and know the product. I could get any recliners, but I chose the 13124 and 13175 because I felt that they were most comfortable and best value for the money. The leather on these recliners was also better IMHO.

The 13174 is basically 090, and the 13175 is a new group, which I also liked a lot because of the shape of its back that provided better head support in the reclining position and the leather was quite nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Based on Roman's reviews and opinions, I revised my previous order on the Berkline 13174. I have now ordered the 13175 instead. This change is allowing me to have extra space in my HT configuration. That's 122.75" on the 13175 vs. 137.5" on the 13174.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I am very happy with my berks 13084 I got from costco, I have a chance of seating to a lot of berklines products here in WA before we decided to buy it, I honestly like them because of the chaise design and it was a good deal also and that sold me to it. And costco sell other hometheater seats also they have a lot of display in their costco home in Kirkland WA, But they are too expensive for me. I believed that the 13084 is not the worst of berklines items. But that is only my opinion.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rutlian,

This is great. It is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to his opinion and can express it here. I am very glad that you are happy with your purchase and your chairs, and as long as that is the case, it is irrelevant what other may think or do. The happy customer is the ultimate goal, and I personally do not care who you buy from even it is not from me.

I am curious though since your have tried "a lot of berklines products" which one you would consider worse than the 13084?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chiltown,

Please follow the PB thread, and submit your price quote including all required info to [email protected] .

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I don't really pay attention for the model number when I tried several berks in JC Penny, and Levitz sure they are comfortable but like I said it is little to pricey for me, that's why when I've learned that Costco has special deal I jumped on it specially when I saw them being chase design I know I will get it. And when I said this is not the worst berkline chair I mean that, I may not have a lot of experience like you have for seating in different berklines models I wish I am dealer like you so I can try all the berklines model. And I am really looking for the chased design because I dont like having a gap between my legs and seat I have small kids (2 and infant) so safety for them is my concern. GOODLUCK on your powerbuy.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh /forum/post/12927017

Chiltown,

Please follow the PB thread, and submit your price quote including all required info to [email protected] .

Wasn't looking for a quote on anything in particular. Was simply curious as to how the powerbuy's compare in terms of price relative to Costco. Attempting to satisfy curiousity.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chiltown,

It is against the forum rules to discuss pricing on the open forum, unless it is MSRP. Follow the power buy link and you may get an idea on pricing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had placed an order with Roman at Ultimate Home Entertainment a short while back for 7 Berkline 45004's. The delivery truck came a few days ago and I couldn't be happier. Bought during the last powerbuy and thought the pricing was very competitive. Roman was kind enough to answer all my questions and kept me informed on the progress of the order. The chairs look great. I even won some theater pillows during the power buy

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Roman again.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Folks, simply put... Roman has the best prices, the best products, and to go with it the best customer service!!!! I can attest to this fact, Roman's number one goal is to make sure his clients are happy, PERIOD! If you want to goto Costco, sit in a few, get an idea, or maybe even by them, congratulations! You won't be dissapointed, however, you also won't be able to customize the set for your room or add accessories such as motorized reclines (A MUST) and buttkickers (EVERY BIT WORTH THE COST), but only if they are installed from the factory, IMHO.... For all that are interested in the power buy, I am jealous, but I also remember the anxiety I had waiting for my chairs... It was like a child waiting for Santa! ENJOY!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belusch /forum/post/12943997

Folks, simply put... Roman has the best prices, the best products, and to go with it the best customer service!!!! I can attest to this fact, Roman's number one goal is to make sure his clients are happy, PERIOD! If you want to goto Costco, sit in a few, get an idea, or maybe even by them, congratulations! You won't be dissapointed, however, you also won't be able to customize the set for your room or add accessories such as motorized reclines (A MUST) and buttkickers (EVERY BIT WORTH THE COST), but only if they are installed from the factory, IMHO.... For all that are interested in the power buy, I am jealous, but I also remember the anxiety I had waiting for my chairs... It was like a child waiting for Santa! ENJOY!!

there is one member who bought the seat from costco and were able to accesorize it by adding buttkicker and even made a loveseat out of it. So it can be done. He detailed and shows photos in another thread.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Roman what is the bare minimum that the 75's have to be away from the wall. I noticed that they need 73" of wall space on the spec sheet. My riser is 72" with 1.5" overhang. It wont be to big a deal for them to slightly hang off the riser when they are fully reclined, which wont be too often but I would like to know for sure what that amount of overhang will be. It mostly means that I'll need to push my front row out by that much. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.