AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is almost done with his home theater. He contacted two Berkline dealers about pricing and both said that they have been told by Berkline that the pricing is going up. They did not say how much or when, but that Berkline would send out new pricing guides. Does anyone know if this is true ? has anyone heard how much of an increase. I plan on buying two more seats myself. It's one thing is it's $25 a chair or $200 a chair.

Greg

· Registered
559 Posts
I was told by the dealer that i am currently working wiht that the prices will be going up as of 11/01/2004.

looks like my purchase has been moved up a bit. (maybe that's the point)

He didn't mention the price % increase.

· Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm interested in knowing the amount of the hike too. We'd planned on ordering nine 090's in November, but will likely pull the trigger sooner depending on the jump.

Roman - do you know anything? I'm going to have to give you a call - just need to know if I should do it soon or if I can wait a few weeks... ;)

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
Gentlemen,

The Berkline raises their prices twice a year - on June first and November first. Nobody knows how much they decide to raise it for and nobody will tell you, but the prices will be raised across all their lines. Usually the options (motorized and the factory installed buttkicker) are increased in price as well.

It does not matter who you buy from, but you should think about placing your orders before the end of the month. If you do not need your chairs within next couple of month, we can arrange for them not to be shipped to you before the date you specify.

Roman

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
Greg

Every company does it, some do it once in 7 years like Paragon (popcorn machines), some twice a year. The Berkline usually increases prices very slightly, so I would be surprised if the prices go up more then $10-15 a chair. Comparing to other companies it is very minimal.

Regarding changing "it's model" - what model are you talking about?

They have 10 different cinema style groups and 4 more coming. Name at least one company which offers you such a variety...

Roman

· Registered
698 Posts
I think what he's saying is that the 90's are still the 90's. No changes have been made to this model.

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
Well,

Did you expect them to change the most popular model, or any model for that matter? What exactly did you expect them to change? They introduce new models. This is not a software or hardware company which need to upgrade the products every time they want to charge you extra. This is a furniture manufacturer. The costs for fabric, leather, wood, production, transportation is going up. They just trying to stay in business.

Roman

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
Gents,

Actually I have some good news as well. The prices for 090s went down, but for 088s went up. Option prices have not changed. That is all I can tell you for now. I still do not have a price list, but I know some new prices for several style groups - 090, 099, 088 and 094.

I should be getting the price list for all styles sometime next week.

Contact me for the quote.

Roman

· Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rsh,

That is good news. I do have a question, I have 5 090's in the top grade leather, I would like to add two more chairs, do I run the risk of the leather color not matching adding two chairs a year after I received my first set?

Greg

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
gps,

It all depends on the leather color. If it is black or gray or dark brown, maroon, chances are your are OK. With the lighter and brighter colors there is always a chance of leather having slightly a different color tone. On the other hand I have added red chairs after a year and it was no difference at all in the color. Your bigger problem can be if the Berkline discontinues this particular color or the whole leather pattern. An this can happened - I have had 2 customer which wanted to add more chairs, but fabric/leather was discontinued at that point

Roman

· Registered
56 Posts
How significant of a price increase did the 088's suffer? Are we talking about $10- $20 per chair or more?

Thanks.

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
Gents,

I have some good news. While the prices for 088s went up slightly, there are going to be several promotions running on this style group in Padded Suede, LeatherPlus and even All Leather. Some additional promotions will also be introfuced on 090 and 099 style groups.

These will only start shipping at the end of the year, but we will be taking orders. The prices will be very attractive.

I am still waiting for the price list, so I do not have all the prices for the rest of the style groups. I will also be getting "promotional" fabric and leather swatches in about 2 weeks. I will take some pictures when they arrive.

Roman

· Vendor
3,695 Posts
I will look for your email, but if you want to get a quote, please provide following info in your email:

1. Berkline Cinema style group (073, 084, 087, 088, 090, 093, 094, 099, 780, 281)

2. Number of chairs.

3. Preferred covering (fabric, leatherPlus, all leather)

4. Your zip code for shipping charges.

Send your emails to [email protected] .

Roman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.