AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interest in a Berkline cinema recliner group purchase? I'm talking to a furniture dealer in Atlanta about buying a bunch of these for a buddy and me but would like to see if there's interest in more. (The link below is a picture but not the dealer I'm talking to.)
http://www.outletfurniture.com/cinemachair.htm

I'm thinking I could probably get us into the matched leather seats for $600 each plus shipping.

Sam

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
These are very nice...I am a Berkliner Dealer as well..I just ordered 8 for myself. Just consider me when buying as I am a sponsor and contributor to this forum.

There is nothing out there even close for value Style etc..not even close...

Regards,

john

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a row of these and they are great, I paid about $650 each. I have only one problem, and that is falling asleep in them while watching a movie. Nothing like an uncomfortable theater chair to keep you awake.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
719 Posts
 http://www.berkline.com/1.html

Click on "whats new" then "090"

------------------

Jeff Streitz

Iowa City, IA

[This message has been edited by Jeffrey (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Now thats thinkin...I'll take $1700 for em anyday...and guess what "'FRee SHipping"" and I will give you a tracking number same day....

Regards,

JOHn

·
Registered
154 Posts
Who are you talking to in Atlanta about these? I'm considering these as well, but would like to go see them in person first.

Carlos

------------------

Carlos

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by los:
Who are you talking to in Atlanta about these? I'm considering these as well, but would like to go see them in person first.
Hi Carlos, I'd rather not say publicly as I don't want the store hit with a bunch of calls yet. FWIW, the store doesn't have any in stock but they are considering carrying them at my request. The store is way across town in Morrow (just south of the airport), so I bet you could find a closer dealer anyway. Check www.berkline.com.

I do have interest but probably need more to organize an order. If you're able to try one out, please let me know how you like it. If we get enough interest, I'll share the store name with you so we can get an order together. (Or email and I'll share it privately.)

Sam

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sam,

I would be interested in a group purchase. BTW, I see you're from NC, and I know of at least one store in-state that sells the Berklines at a comparable price. They might be worth checking out. If I can find their name and number, I'll let you know by email. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Yeah...very few Berkliner dealers actually have these on their floors...I can mail out fabric swatches and also layout sheets..which show all the various configurations...My showroom will have them on display very soon..

Regards,

John

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duane, thanks... I would like to see them in NC if possible.

John, maybe you could handle a group purchase? I know at $600 (the price I suggested above for a matched leather), there's not a lot of margin. I have no *financial* interest in the Atlanta store; just exploring possibilities.

BTW, I'm interested in some Irwin Seating chairs as well if anyone has a good source for those.

Sam

[This message has been edited by smchan (edited 07-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
$600 is not out of the question...(for leather faced.).We would just need a minimum of 2 peices per customer and I need to clarify with Berkline on drop shipping..we don;t want to get hit with double shipping. This is actually good timing as the factory can get backed up in the fall. Right now they run about 30 days on custom orders. a peice is simply one chair regardless whether it has double arms..a wedge or no arms..etc.etc..

Some may want a velour surface or other fabrics and those would be $50-$75 less..This is where the wives get excited ..picking out new furniture...

My memory is that the Irwin chairs are not that less exspensive..is there something about the Irwin that you really need or like?

Regards,

John

·
Registered
402 Posts
Any idea what shipping would cost on a pair of these bad boys?

------------------

Darren Rogers

Please stop reading my signature....

I really mean it, you're starting to get on my nerves!

Listen, I'm not kidding here, if you keep reading, you're gonna regret it!

Look into my eyes, and do not doubt my reslove - if you persist, you will be taught a lesson you will not forget!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by luvmytivo:
Any idea what shipping would cost on a pair of these bad boys?
No idea... I bet John could answer though.

Sam

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
General Info until I scan in the sheet so you can see configurations. the actual seat itself is 25" wide. The seat with two arms like a regular recliner (cupholder in each arm) is 40" wide. NOw these are designed to be mixed an matched and slid together like a sectional.

For example :

I ordered 8 pieces for myself. (2 rows of four seats each)there is no minimum or maximum for the amount of seats in a row. I order my front row with arms in the shape of wedges so that the whole front row curves toward the screen the back row I ordered with straight arms.

If you have space issues you can order say 1 armless peice and sandwich it between to peices with one arm on the outside so its like a regular sofa except with cupholders and each seat reclines.

A 3 chair row is 120" wide

the e chair sofa configuration is 105 inches wide..

all chairs are 42" high (unreclined)

Regards,

john

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.