Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good luck and let us know if you get it working.
So I swapped the transformer and it's doing the same thing. When I tested it the seat reclined but won't move back to the upright position. I swapped the parts with another chair and it did the same thing so it must be an issue with the circuit board in the box. I looked closely at it but couldn't tell if anything was wrong. It looked okay from my untrained eye. You instructions were perfect though as the transformer swap went smoothly.

Can we get the circuit board replaced? Here is the circuit board that must be the problem. Something is bad on it and not allowing the chair to move back to the upright seating position. The other picture is from when I had finished swapping the transformer and I was full of hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Have you tried using a controller from a working chair on this chair? If so, does this chair then work correctly?

How are your soldering skills?

EDITED:

Please look at the attachment and let me know the answers.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have you tried using a controller from a working chair on this chair? If so, does this chair then work correctly?

How are your soldering skills?

EDITED:

Please look at the attachment and let me know the answers.
Yes, I swapped the part that I worked on to get the seat back into the upright position. The chair works fine with the part swapped so that's how I know it has to be the circuit board that you showed. I'll have to take it back out and look at what you asked about. I looked at it the other day but didn't notice anything but I didn't know what I was looking at.

I've never soldered anything like this and my skills are basic at best.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Attach a good photo of that relay in question. It looks like it is melted or damaged on the side.

And the end of the large capacitor looks like it is bulging in the photo. That shouldn't cause your issue but if it goes bad the board obviously won't work at all.

The 2 relays. They are wired such that one is + and - and the other is - and +. This allows reversing the current to drive the DC chair motor forward or backward depending on which side of the switch you activate for the chair. I'd suspect that relay in question is bad.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jim,
Have you had the time to take the controller apart again?
Sorry about the delay on this. I was out of town for 2 1/2 weeks and have been crazy busy since being back. So here are some more pics. It does appear that one of the black boxes looks melted. Not sure about anything else. Here are some more pics. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts