AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experimenting in this field for over 10 years I have married 2 devices together and toslink connecters for every audio source in my Home Theater including my Dell I-8500 laptop 16 x 10 HTPC; to be heard thru Denon AHD-750 PQ full size phone/cans. This was my latest challange to hook up using 1/8 headphone jack on puter to my main system, I have sucessfully used parts #15-584 1/8 jack to toslink and one of my daisy chained 4 way connectors part #15-586 from Radio Shack to work around that I don't have any other audio out on this laptop for my HT use. The 2 married devices are Radio Shack #42-2108 and VLS DSP_PRO with 3 DSP modes bought in late 1993 and later years. This last product can be researched for proof in 1994 Home Theater Magazine by columnist Brent Butterworth now with dolby.com his last known e-mail address is [email protected] . I have 7 of the DSP_PRO online with mulitple devices to hear 3-D Virtual Reality Dolby Surround, any one else into this type of research?:)

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
Brent has moved on from Dolby and is now Chief Editor of the Robb Report Home Theater magazine. Dolby has acquired headphone binauralization technology from Lake, called Dolby Headphone, which is rather more sophisticated and accurate than Toltec processing, at least as it appeared in consumer product form. Toltec was rather limited by the DSP's of the day.

Dolby headphone is available in a growing list of products such as software DVD players for PCs, AV receivers and processors, and stand alone wireless headphne systems.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger I am sorry that Brent moved on, I guess I am the only one working on the consumer level, I have furthered the toltec process, but unlike Dolby.com I am not looking for money or to make money I just enjoy what I have made. Thank you, I waited from Lake and Dolby for years, but it didn't seem they were interested in comsumers just professionals. I was just on their site and there wasn't a thing mentioned for comsumers to buy. I can enjoy what I have for the rest of my life, as this is not just spacializing but a whole lot more. I am a crippled user and I work on the techology converting it from just the spacializing to a virtual or being there were the music is taking place. Thank you for your thoughts, even though your for the professional and I am for the consumer to create the DSP mode for where the music is being generated not just to listen to it. Best of Luck in your projects.:)

·
Registered
12,438 Posts
John,

While Dolby and Lake both make professional Dolby Headphone processors, the product categories I mentioned are all consumer products, and are made by Denon, Pioneer, Philips, Onkyo, Intervideo, etc. But since neither Dolby nor Lake sell consumer products, you won't find them offered for sale at our websites.

Best regards,

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's okay Roger what I have will last me a lifetime using Denon AH-D750 Headphones, for all of the altered sound sources and as more parts and connectors are made available. I will be able to handle any new techology to have the E-Ticket ride in a Virtual Reality in Sound and partial is sight when watching certain videos. Chapter 16 on "Stargate" the only shown galaxy ride of Dr. Daniel Jackson, 45 seconds that will introduce you to a thrilling experience you won't forget ontil the next and so on.

I am disabled but I have wiped the smirks off dozens of delivery people and friends when I hand the a set of ordinary headphones and ask them afterward how did you like it. How how did you do this I felt I was going through the galaxy, 'not' watching some one else, is the usual answer. Take care Roger you do your thing for your paid career, I will do my thing for the excitement it brings others when they first taste something they have never been exposed to ever before. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.