AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Sima ct-2...what else can I use? I am looking to transfer vhs and back up dvd's for my daughter . I would like the recording quality to be pretty good . Ihave been checking out the Sima ct-2 and the Sima scc -2 . But there has to be other options besides the sima brand...

Once again as always...Thanks for taking the time to help .

Dwain

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Another one is www.facetvideo.com

I just bought my daughter the Sima CT-2 for use with her Panny E-55 so she can copy her DVDs so she can play them in her laptop & car when she is traveling.

She told me she is totaly happy with the copies that the Sima makes & is perfect for what she wanted a copier for.

If you just want to make extra copies the Sima is fine but if you want to make "Perfect" copies with complete menus & Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround the only way that this can be done is with a computer.

If you just want extra copies because your affraid your daughter might scratch the originals I would give one of the Sima's a shot but buy it from a local store so if your not happy with it you can return it.

It has been reported that the Sima's have the Black Level Bug in them but so far my daughter hasn't run across any problems with her Sima & she has tested her copies on a bunch of different dvd players & setups.

Do a search on this board for Sima or Digital Filters & you should get a bunch of info on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.