AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Help with choosing the perfect 10" woofer. Had in mind MTX 9500, or the Alpine Type X, or JL w7. Personally never heard one and most shops dont have demos. Want real input into witch one sounds better. Will be running off a Power Acoustic BAMF 2000.1D. Box will be built to specs according to Manufacturer. But space is limited due to it will be going into a 03 mustang. Also will be only one woofer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
try looking into Audiopulse, Fi Car audio, and Digital designs for some 10's. These are prolly the best sub brands around

·
Registered
133 Posts
Image Dynamics IDMax 10 and CDT Audio QES-1020 Gold are also excellent subwoofers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank ill look into them. It's so hard choosing one because iv'e never owned 10's only 12's and up so i want something that can put out about the same. SPL is a plus since thats what i like but i would take SQ over it any day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If possible I would stick with a 12". I was like yourself, I only owned 12's and then switched to 10's and I regretted it. Although that's just my personal opinion.

If need be, swing by a best buy and have a listen to the Alpine 10'2 compared to the 12's. Even although you won't get the true sound as your not in the car, it gives you a vague idea.

Although as I said, that's just my personal opinion, you may not notice the difference. I'm a sound quality guy, not a mind numbing bass guy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What type of music do you like?

How do you listen to that type of music?

How much is the budget?

No one can give you a real answer because everyone likes different sounds. One person my love Alpine and the very next person will think it sounds terrible. We need that info to truly point you in the right direction.

I can tell you this with a 2000 watt amp depending on the ohm rating say its stable at 2 ohms... thats a lot of power. You should have no problem bleeding from the ears...

2 cars back...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts