AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralight1 /forum/post/15425317

Looking for a friend.

What's the best 1080p sub 40" (32 or 37 inches) LCD without needing 120 Hz? Good price is obviously a plus.

Most 32 or 37 seem to be 720P?

Thanks,

UL

32" Sony KDL-32VL140

37" Sony KDL-37XBR6

and most of the Sharp models is what I recommend.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/15425557

You can find plenty of 720 and 1080p LCDs at 32" and 37". Stick with Samsung, Sony or Panasonic.

Totally agree with BillP. Stick with those three and you can't go wrong. I especially like the Sony XBR6 in the 32" & 37" size, the Samsung A550 in those sizes, and the Panasonic LZ800. All are 1080p TVs with very good picture quality and reliability.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/15426029

I would vote for the LZ800s, especially with Amazon's recent price drop.

It's hard to argue with that logic. I read somewhere that Panasonic is trying hard to sell all of their current LCD inventory to get ready for the new 2009 models. That's the reason for the drastic price decrease.

·
Registered
16,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/15426507

It's hard to argue with that logic. I read somewhere that Panasonic is trying hard to sell all of their current LCD inventory to get ready for the new 2009 models. That's the reason for the drastic price decrease.

That, and the economy.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/15426029

I would vote for the LZ800s, especially with Amazon's recent price drop.

Yeah, that's the best buy at the moment - I believe the LZ800 has motion smoothing while the 85s don't right? Motion smoothing is a must on an LCD, imo. I'd never buy one without it, you'll get headaches from the blur.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS everyone. GREAT GREAT forum!

Anyways, checked out the LZ800 at Amazon - the 37". Just realized at that price, I can pick up much larger screens including the Vizio XVT 42" with 120HZ. Wondering if the LZ800 is that much better than the larger screen?

anyways, need 1080P because his primary use will be for computer monitor and occasionally for video.

Thanks,

UL

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralight1 /forum/post/15429323

THANKS everyone. GREAT GREAT forum!

Anyways, checked out the LZ800 at Amazon - the 37". Just realized at that price, I can pick up much larger screens including the Vizio XVT 42" with 120HZ. Wondering if the LZ800 is that much better than the larger screen?

anyways, need 1080P because his primary use will be for computer monitor and occasionally for video.

Thanks,

UL

The LZ800 is an IPS Alpha panel unlike the other brand. The viewing angle is very extreme. In big, it's bright on all angle.

You come in the room & even at nearly 90 degree off the panel you see it like it is at front.

Creepy isn't it?

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deap /forum/post/15430105

The LZ800 is an IPS Alpha panel unlike the other brand. The viewing angle is very extreme. In big, it's bright on all angle.

You come in the room & even at nearly 90 degree off the panel you see it like it is at front.

Creepy isn't it?

That's a nice wallpaper. Can you share it?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool! Are all in that series IPS panel?

When I see advertised 176 or 178 degrees on these LCDs, I assumed all these LCD TVs are IPS panels. This is apparently not true? (i.e. Aren't Samsung 650 series IPS?)

Thanks,

UL

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I'm sticking with the Vizio 32" 1080p one.. Looks great and it was les than $500.00

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegel /forum/post/15431901

"40incher" is larger than "sub 40". 40 inches is more than 32-37 inches. 40 is more than 30, just as 50 is more than 40.

Thank you. Like you, I've noticed when people on this forum ask for information on a specific size TV, someone invariably tries to steer them to a larger size. When I ask for data on a 32 inch TV, I don't want someone saying, "Oh, you should at least get a 40 inch."

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If money isn't a factor than as the others have said the Panasonic 1080P LZ 800 IMHO is by far the best, if you are looking at between a Samsung name, Sony name then go with the Panny, It is just a fantastic looking set.

Now if paying that much for a 32 inch set seems a bit steep and looking for something a little less expensive, I would throw the Vizio VO32F 1080P in the mix. Fantastic prices on this set, solid performer , just a great price to picture quality TV. You'd be happy.

But again if you are looking for THE best, then yes as others have said go with the Panasonic LZ 800 series.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.