AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the best pick to make out of all the current 1080P [non LED models] for at least a 46" + what manufacturers would you go with if:

in/out door Lighting is not an issue

You have hooked up to it: Xbox 360, Wii, Blue Ray, reg. DVD player via HDMI, comcast cable [currently non-HD but plan on in the future subscribing], possible occassional Macbook use but not a deal killer...

Let me know what models you would choose.

Thanks for helping me

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are the LG's? Sharps?

I have been strongly considering Sony as they've always been big LCD brand leaders..unless it has changed within the past 2yrs?

thanks. Any particular models to stay away from in your 3 suggestions?

·
Registered
523 Posts
lg tv's are an excellent alternative to the sony's and samsungs.

go look at an lg tv on the same setting as a sony, samsung etc.. and tell me the picture quality is worth 500 plus dollars more..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed that so far. LG seems to have a decent deal on their LCD's. They had great LCD products at CES. The inputs appear to be the same. Where are most LG's manufactured out of?

·
Registered
549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy /forum/post/16923090

If you had the best pick to make out of all the current 1080P [non LED models] for at least a 46" + what manufacturers would you go with if:

in/out door Lighting is not an issue

You have hooked up to it: Xbox 360, Wii, Blue Ray, reg. DVD player via HDMI, comcast cable [currently non-HD but plan on in the future subscribing], possible occassional Macbook use but not a deal killer...

Let me know what models you would choose.

Thanks for helping me

a harly davidson

·
Registered
900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/16923423

At this point today, with what is out right now:

LG 55LH90

He said that he didn't want to hear about LED models, didn't he?

bye

Benny42

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's okay Benny42, I'm am a 'she' [don't worry, get that on here all the time on here] but I did enjoy the 55" while at the store this evening. I can only dream right now....I'm slowly working my way up there!

Cleaveland, can you match BB's price w/delivery? If so, I will call you to give you some business.... ;-)

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy /forum/post/16923201

I've noticed that so far. LG seems to have a decent deal on their LCD's. They had great LCD products at CES. The inputs appear to be the same. Where are most LG's manufactured out of?

i believe they are manufactured out of korea.. they make lots of parts for other tv's as well.

i have the 47lg70. i watch blurays on the following settings

just scan

real cinema on

tru motion off

cinema mode

i am mesmerized at the way the movies look.. i hear that if i calibrate the screen it will look even better but i havent done that yet..

my tv specs are

4 hdmi ports

120hz

5:5 pulldown of sources in 24fps

it also has the ifcc settings for an expert calibration.. pretty nice tv for the money i paid 1199.00 locally for it..

·
Registered
64 Posts
My LG 32LF11 is assembled in Mexico. Based on what I've heard, the panel itself is from Korea.

·
Vendor
30,739 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hdtv47lg70, thanks for that info. The product is amazing. We ended up picking it up at a local Video Only since they had it in stock and they took extra off for us. I now know what people have been talking about 'being to impatient to have it delivered to you and just picking it up locally' plus we can drive a few minutes into OR and have no sales tax [YES!]. What Blueray do you own?

We're totally blown away by the PQ. We watched Coraline in 3D through our Xbox360 via component/HD...wow! AFter it took us a while for our eyes to adjust to the eye glass 3D color thing..it was amazing. Even better then in the theaters. Black levels are insane on it. They actually look black compared to my LNR328W [3,000:1 CR]. It's great to get a 1080P unit and the $1K price range was indeed what I've been waiting to pull the trigger on. Plus, a 47" is quite an upgrade vs. our 32" LCD. It fits our room much better.

the whites vs. blacks are hands down amazing. It was worth going the lesser of prices as the 2.5 ms Response on it makes the picture so fluid. Dark Knight car chasing Scene made the whole purchase worth it. You could see the detail in the car treads and Joker....

Does anyone have any HT PC systems hooked up? I would like to use my Macbook for some of it but want to research a bit further into it all...

Thanks everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts