AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few other threads similar to this but they are all older and with prices dropping all the time I figured it was time for a new one. Plus I'm on the market for one so it works out

So, throw out some suggestions. $1500 or less

·
Registered
137 Posts
Might be a little hard to find but I just stumbled across a Mitsubishi HC6500 and it is absolutely dazzling. Strong blacks and the most life like color (I am really put off by bad skin tones) right out of the box.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClerkDante /forum/post/16983700

Might be a little hard to find but I just stumbled across a Mitsubishi HC6500 and it is absolutely dazzling. Strong blacks and the most life like color (I am really put off by bad skin tones) right out of the box.

uummm i cant find it for less than $2300 anywhere, which is way over a $1500 budget

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCARCIO /forum/post/16983758

After all rebates this is close.... http://www.projectionguys.com/imgs/c...ils_button.gif

link no worky

and thanks for the suggestion but I would really like to keep it to $1500 or UNDER. $1500 is actually the outer price limit and would need to be noticeably better than one of the several $1000 PJ's for me to consider.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Viewsonic Pro8100 or Mitsubishi hc5500.

Viewsonic lists for 1300, Mits for 1500. Take 10% off the Viewsonic if you use tiger direct and bing cashback. Both are miles ahead of the sub $1000 pj's out now.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasol /forum/post/16983834

Viewsonic Pro8100 or Mitsubishi hc5500.

Viewsonic lists for 1300, Mits for 1500. Take 10% off the Viewsonic if you use tiger direct and bing cashback. Both are miles ahead of the sub $1000 pj's out now.

Miles ahead? This is your opinion or you have done a side by side review? If not, please post links to these reviews you are using for reference thanks.

BTW, I have a Optoma HD20 that was $999 and can be found for less it is a 1080p dlp. I would say an Epson 6100ub would be closer to "Miles Ahead" based on the reviews.

·
Registered
767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCARCIO /forum/post/16984290

Yes Stix but the one I linked to is a package with all the bells and whistles...

Oh did he say best package deal or projector? Cause it sounds like he is replaceing one and has the bells and whistles..

·
Registered
4,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithPete /forum/post/16984321

epson pro 6100, if you factor in the 100 dollar rebate, free bulb which you can sell, and use paypal cashback at a place like tiger direct

Organic panels, ugh.....

No thanks...

·
Registered
559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez /forum/post/16984274

Miles ahead? This is your opinion or you have done a side by side review? If not, please post links to these reviews you are using for reference thanks.

BTW, I have a Optoma HD20 that was $999 and can be found for less it is a 1080p dlp. I would say an Epson 6100ub would be closer to "Miles Ahead" based on the reviews.

I have had the Epson 720 HC, Optoma HD200x, and now the Viewsonic Pro8100. Side by side, projecting at the SAME time I couldn't see any difference between the Epson and Optoma. Black levels, shadow detail, color vividness, etc. In fact, I much preferred the Epson in the end. The resolution was better at 1080p on the HD200x, but of course it's a 1080p vs 720p projector. On the other hand it's as noisy as hell on bright mode(I couldn't stand it), has less menu options for tweaking than the HD65, and has limited placement flexibility.

Now I have the Viewsonic side by side with the Epson and wow, there is no comparison. Black levels are much better, shadow detail just as good(the Epson is very good here) and just as much, (actually more) menu settings to tweak the picture than the Epson. It's not as bright as the Epson in full brightness mode, but can be tweaked for between 600 and 900 lumens. The 1.6x zoom is a bonus for placement, and very very quiet, almost no noise at all. Both the Viewsonic and HC5500 use inorganic panels

1 - 20 of 60 Posts