AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $140 to spend on a subwoofer this well mainly be for my computer and well be pairing with M-Audio AV-40's So far the only subwoofer i came across that was popular for good and bad reasons was the POLK AUDIO PSW10 Should i get this?? anything else you recommend in my budget??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any help?? Or is this one of those forms where if im not getting a $10,000 system you wont help?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Posting two topics is not going to help you get a response.

That polk sub you posted only does 35hz, which is not that low. I am an audio noob, and I know there is more to a subwoofer than hz.

Take a look here
http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...AT&srchCat=620

If you see something interesting, search and something will come up with people talking about it.

oh yea. You need to say if this is for games, movies or music too.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
No amp needed for the Bic, Hands down the sub-woofer you should get in that price range!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by combos99 /forum/post/18201132

No amp needed for the Bic, Hands down the sub-woofer you should get in that price range!

You think it well bump loader then my old Logitech Z-2300 sub??

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 /forum/post/18201465

Do you own the Z-2300's.. that sub can get pretty load.

Yes i owned a z-2300 setup at my old apartment. It smoked the equivalent klipsch setup and was a hell of a pc setup. But it damn sure is not the equivalent of even the most mediocre powered sub.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The BIC would destroy the Logitech Z2300 sub no question

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The bic looks alright but whenever I see port hole...I get a little nervous. You can prob do just as good or better with a velodyne vx-10 for around 100 on craigslist, I did for my grandpa and was surprised how good it is since I've owned SPL's series.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts