AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a good 2 channel Receiver with 50-100w RMS per channel. It will be driving some Dayton BR-1 speakers.

It does not need to have digital connections RCA is fine i have a standalone DAC already.

Must be under $300 shipped to Canada.

I have done some reading and the Sherwood receivers seems good but i cant find anyone that will ship one to canada, if you know a source let me know.

Also a local store has the HK 3390 for $295 this weekend i may just grab that if its a good unit, any opinions?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
0.8% distortion is close to inaudible; 0.2% is inaudible because speaker distortion is so much higher.

Just about any 2-channel receiver with lower distortion should be fine. You can look around for slightly more watts (in most cases 50 watts should be fine) and slightly lower distortion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i spent a little more than i wanted($350) and got a better unit. I got the HK 3490. For 2 reasons, 1 they didnt have the 3390 in stock, and 2 now i can keep my DAC on my computer since the 3490 has optical inputs. The unit will be used for TV/games and videos in the living room.

It does have higher power though(120w, vs 80w for the 3390) you guys think ill still be fine driving the BR-1's with it right? the BR-1's say 100w per channel but since everyone lies about power output for amps even though the 3490 says 120w per channel ill be ok right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts