AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the 20'' Aquos ,and any fast moving action had smearing.Any other lcd tvs ,that show fast movement without smearing.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We have a Philips 20" LCD (20PF9925) in our bedroom.

The only sports programming I really watch is football, and the season ended just before I bought the TV. Consequently, I can't really comment on PQ during sporting events per se. My general thoughts are that (1) it's a very nice lcd tv; (2) I liked it better than the comparable Sharp model when I demoed them; and (3) I do not see any 'smearing' in the programming that I do watch.

·
Registered
32,174 Posts
I don't really feel like I have smearing on my Dell 20". But I also don't really feel like it's that great a TV either.

It was very inexpensive, though, at well below $1000 and takes S-video and composite. It doesn't support HD.

Mark

·
Registered
263 Posts
Take a close look at the Panasonic 22" LCD. I have watched basketball, football and golf off of Cox cable in a couple of stores and was amazed at the picture quality. It looked substantially better than the same events viewed later on my 15" Toshiba CRT, which is really quite good. The Panny offers the best presentation of NTSC I have seen on any digital tv and certainly far better than the same feeds on Sharp and Samsung LCDs. Too bad Panasonic is apparently turning to Samsung for larger LCD displays. Let's hope they use better electronics than Samsung.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Sharp has about a 40 msec response time. I believe the Samsung is also about the same. The best response time is the Panasonic 16 X 9 which is about 17 msec. Both Sharp and Samsung have just had significant price reductions. I am waiting for Panasonic to follow. The Panasonic is 854 X 480 pixels (EDTV) and has a Progressive scan doubler for the 22" unit. Send me your e-mail and I will let you know when price drops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.