AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best all around, overall, (taking into consideration all aspects of a tv: 4k upscaler, screen panel, future proof, audio, design, remote) 65" 4k tv this year?

Here are what I feel are the top 3 contenders:

LG's 65EF9800

This is a flat panel, 4k oled w/soundbar.

Sony's XBR-65X930C

This is a 4k flat panel w/powerful front-facing speakers and built-in subwoofers and Edge-lit local dimming (why not FALD, damn u sony for only giving the 75" that this year)

Samsung JS9500

This is a curved 4k quantom dot, nanocrystals blah blah, octa core, FALD

What do you think?

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Who has the best all around, overall, (taking into consideration all aspects of a tv: 4k upscaler, screen panel, future proof, audio, design, remote) 65" 4k tv this year?

Here are what I feel are the top 3 contenders:

LG's 65EF9800

This is a flat panel, 4k oled w/soundbar.

Sony's XBR-65X930C

This is a 4k flat panel w/powerful front-facing speakers and built-in subwoofers and Edge-lit local dimming (why not FALD, damn u sony for only giving the 75" that this year)

Samsung JS9500

This is a curved 4k quantom dot, nanocrystals blah blah, octa core, FALD

What do you think?
Depends on many factors. Like your main viewing environment, what you are going to use the display for, whether HDR matters to you, viewing angles and of course what you are looking to spend.

Money no object, mainly in dark room for movies and night time viewing and need huge viewing angles then 65EF9800

If you will do more more daytime viewing, do video gaming, or watch a lot of sports, like HDR ultra realistic bright pics then Samsung JS9500.

For most, it is going to come down to money. Right now there is about a $2500 difference in street pricing and I would expect it to grow in the Samsung's favor to $3K difference once the sales hit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts