Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi 65807 that I would REALLY love to be able to receive OTA HDTV signals with it, after all, that was a major part of the reason I purchased it back in November.

I cannot use any kind of dish as I my paths are blocked by a forest of huge ancient oaks so I strictly need the unit as an ota tuner (or maybe my Comcast digital cable if they EVER offer HDTV).

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting, are ANY of the 2nd generation offerings actually available yet? If not now, when? What is my best choice? Cost?

Any assistance, advice and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

·
Banned
946 Posts
After looking at the general fiasco that has come out, my suggestion is that the best "second" generation HD STB to buy is still the old reliable RCA DTC 100.

------------------

·
Registered
957 Posts
The DTC-100 is reliable. But remember that is after about four software updates which addressed a number of problems. (Retrace,scout lockup,onscreen guides) I know as I own two DTC-100s and I am glad that I own them. The new STB's appear to have a few issues but I have not read about any show stoppers. From what I have read the integrated channel guides are a nice feature. Some say they acquire channels more quickly. I don't know that we have enough information to say the new STBs are better for OTA reception. Until the MPAA kills my HDTV reception I plan on sticking with my DTC-100s then moving to what ever it takes to receive and hopefully record HDTV.

Good Luck

------------------

RJW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.