AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite sure this has been asked a million times, but in TODAYS marketplace, what is the best LCD 32-37" for under $500?

Needs:

Very much prefer a 37"

1080P

Picture quality

Reliability

All other factors are pretty much moot as this is for a bedroom (high mount about 15ft away) and will be used to watch TV and DVD's, Sports, etc. while lying in bed. Don't care about the number of HDMI's or bells and whistles.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwhite /forum/post/20881658

I am quite sure this has been asked a million times, but in TODAYS marketplace, what is the best LCD 32-37" for under $500?

Needs:

Very much prefer a 37"

1080P

Picture quality

Reliability

All other factors are pretty much moot as this is for a bedroom (high mount about 15ft away) and will be used to watch TV and DVD's, Sports, etc. while lying in bed. Don't care about the number of HDMI's or bells and whistles.

If you're going to mount it high from about 15' away, you would definitely want at least a 37" (maybe even bigger). Also, since the viewing angle on a higher mount might be a little more critical, I'd also recommend an IPS panel (Google it for more info).

Sooooo, although it's just a bit more than your stated budget, you might take a look at the Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV. It's a very nice TV that should fit your needs well. A 32" verson would be a bit less expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.