AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 32" HDTV under $400, so I'll be picking one up this week probably (assuming this week will be the best prices). It's going to go in my master bedroom, where I'll watch cable HDTV and movies. I won't be playing games on it. I'm just looking for the best HDTV at this size for the money. I'll be sitting about 6 or so feet away from the it. It needs to sound decent too, since I'll only be using the onboard speakers.

Please recommend to me what is considered to be the best 32" out there for the money right now. Please add to my list if you have a different suggestion.

Here's what I've found so far doing searches.

Toshiba 32C100U

Samsung LN32C450

Samsung LN32C350

Panasonic TC-L32X2 (720P, includes iPod dock)

Panasonic TC-L32C22 (720P)

Panasonic TC-L32U22 (1080P)

LG 32LD350

Sony KDL-32BX300

Sharp LC-32D47UA

Thanks!

Drew

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm leaning toward the Panasonic TC-L32X2.

I also notice that the Toshiba has a native resolution of 1280x720, whereas all of the others are 1366x768. Is this something to consider?

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear /forum/post/19539075

I'm leaning toward the Panasonic TC-L32X2. While looking at Best Buy last night, the Panasonics did have the most picture artifacts, but I would probably attribute that to the poor input signal.

I also notice that the Toshiba has a native resolution of 1280x720, whereas all of the others are 1366x768. Is this something to consider?

1280x720 is 720p. So if you feed it a native 720p signal no scaling has to be done. No matter what you feed the 1366x768 panel scaling will have to be done. Usually you want the least amount of video processing done in the path as possible. However, at that size you may not notice any difference between the two. On a bigger panel I'd probably go with more pixels. It is tough evaluating panels in stores.

larry

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate that, thanks.

I'm now leaning toward the Panasonic TC-L32U22, which is the 1080P one.

Any comments/opinions on that one?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0712 /forum/post/19539406

32-inch LD350 also a Full HD and has only 1 frame of input lag (less than 8ms).

I won't be playing games on this TV, but I'll definitely consider that. It's still a 720P TV, right?

Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/19539413

Good choice.

Which one? The Panasonic TC-L32U22?

Thanks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you're getting a 32 in ... I am assuming it's not going to be your main TV that you'd use for high quality HD theater experience.

for a 32in ... 1080 or 720 won't make any difference. Do not overpay for LED.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist718 /forum/post/19539528

if you're getting a 32 in ... I am assuming it's not going to be your main TV that you'd use for high quality HD theater experience.

hope this helps.

Why do you always advocate going the cheapest route possible? I also notice you didn't give the LG model number. The LG LD350 is the only LG on that website that even comes close to the numbers you posted (price and five star reviews), but you'd better check your math.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist718

hope this helps.
No, it's not my main HT set up. I have a 46" Toshiba and 5.1 set up for that in the den. What I'm mainly looking for is the best picture quality for HDTV and movies.

The LEDs seem to be a little too pricey for me, so I agree with you there. I also wouldn't pay a premium for 1080P, but I also realize it's better, even if not as big of a deal on TVs of this size. I was able to find a good deal on the Panasonic TC-L32U22 this morning, so I'm seriously considering going with that one.

Do y'all expect prices to drop in the next couple of days for Thanksgiving/Black Friday, or do you think today's pricing will be comparible?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear
No, it's not my main HT set up. I have a 46" Toshiba and 5.1 set up for that in the den. What I'm mainly looking for is the best picture quality for HDTV and movies.

The LEDs seem to be a little too pricey for me, so I agree with you there. I also wouldn't pay a premium for 1080P, but I also realize it's better, even if not as big of a deal on TVs of this size. I was able to find a good deal on the Panasonic TC-L32U22 this morning, so I'm seriously considering going with that one.

Do y'all expect prices to drop in the next couple of days for Thanksgiving/Black Friday, or do you think today's pricing will be comparible?

Thanks.
If it's a price you're comfortable with, go ahead and get it. There's no guarantee that the price will be lower Friday, so unless you want to take a chance of missing out on one good deal for a better one, I'd say get it now.

Of course, there are always good deals coming down the pike, so if you choose to wait, you'll ultimately find something good that fits your (not someone else's) needs. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear

Thanks.
I've been looking also at the 32" size and have really liked the Panasonic lx2 and the c22 as it's going to be an extra set in a bedroom so 1080p isn't necessary. Both of these are on the low end of $300.00 right now in my area and I have even found the 37" c22 just at your budget. The Panasonic has good blacks and some of the better off angle viewing for an LCD of that size.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTguru3 /forum/post/19540245

I've been looking also at the 32" size and have really liked the Panasonic lx2 and the c22 as it's going to be an extra set in a bedroom so 1080p isn't necessary. Both of these are on the low end of $300.00 right now in my area and I have even found the 37" c22 just at your budget. The Panasonic has good blacks and some of the better off angle viewing for an LCD of that size.

The U22 can be found at a price very close to the C22 or X2 right now at a certain couple online retailers. Just a head's up. I think that fact swings the decision over to the U22's favor, no?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pulled the trigger on the Panasonic TC-L32U22 just now. Price was too good to pass up, and I liked what I saw at Best Buy.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Anybody have any settings to try, or any links to where it was talked about?

·
Registered
926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear /forum/post/19542225

Pulled the trigger on the Panasonic TC-L32U22 just now. Price was too good to pass up, and I liked what I saw at Best Buy.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Anybody have any settings to try, or any links to where it was talked about?

where did you purchase it at? You might try tweaktv.com and see if they have some initial settings to try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quality > Price

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbear /forum/post/19539502

I won't be playing games on this TV, but I'll definitely consider that. It's still a 720P TV, right?

Thanks.

No 32" LD350 is a true 1080p, however if you not playing games I think you may get Samsung (S-PVA, good blacks) or Panasonic (IPS-Alpha, stunning colors, best viewing angles but not so good blacks)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts