AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am limited by the cabinet to 32" and didn't want to spend more than $700. A few that I have looked at are below BUT I am open to others as I have been way behind in keeping up with what's the best lately.

LG 32LE5400

Samsung UN32C5000

Sony KDL32EX500

Samsung LN32C530

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntiger /forum/post/19552776

I am limited by the cabinet to 32" and didn't want to spend more than $700. A few that I have looked at are below BUT I am open to others as I have been way behind in keeping up with what's the best lately.

LG 32LE5400

Samsung UN32C5000

Sony KDL32EX500

Samsung LN32C530

The "best reviewed" TV this year has probably been the Sony KDL32EX500. It's dependable and has a good picture. Many people also like the LG 32LE5400, but the panels have been somewhat inconsistent. I'd choose between those two.

·
Registered
12,645 Posts

Quote:

LG 32LE5400

Samsung UN32C5000

Sony KDL32EX500

Samsung LN32C530

Look at the LN32C550 if you like the Samsungs. The 37" version of it was rated very well on ConsumerReports.org.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/19553460

No chance of giving up the cabinet?

Not a chance, it is beautiful! It was one of the first great pieces of furniture I ever bought. Sadly it was back when a 27" TV was rather large and way before the current ratio of W to H. I bet it is 20 years old now and I wouldn't dream of giving it up. After all it is just for the bedroom. I'd have to get a larger cabinet to get a bigger TV in it and I can't afford to do that right now.

·
Registered
926 Posts

Quote:

LG 32LE5400

Samsung UN32C5000

Sony KDL32EX500

Samsung LN32C530

I would definitely take a look at the Panasonic as they have a very good picture and a good bang for the buck. If you're not going to use it as a computer monitor and will be viewing from more than 5' away you can also get by with a 720p set and it could be less than half your budget.

·
Registered
48 Posts
xxxx has the KDL32EX500 for $xxx today until Dec 12.

however they say it has the Bravia 2 engine yet other places (including the Sony site) says it is the Bravia 3.

Also I am not clear on whether it does DLNA... I want to stream photos and video from my PC (seems many of these TV only do music and photos and limted video).

So hard to get clear descriptions out there

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo907 /forum/post/19620048

TigerDirect has the KDL32EX500 for $499 today until Dec 12.

however they say it has the Bravia 2 engine yet other places (including the Sony site) says it is the Bravia 3.

Also I am not clear on whether it does DLNA... I want to stream photos and video from my PC (seems many of these TV only do music and photos and limted video).

If you want DLNA get the 32LE5400. It does music,photos and video and has great codec support for videos.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo907 /forum/post/19620048

TigerDirect has the KDL32EX500 for $499 today until Dec 12.

It's also so hard to get people to read the forum rules before they feel the need to talk about "price" and "where to buy" which are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN by those rules!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo907
xxxx has the KDL32EX500 for $xxx today until Dec 12.

Go to the sony site and download the user manual. These often have more information. All the 500 series Sonys I saw in stores are Bravia 2.

Amazon tv descriptions often have a table of features vs model number.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPowers
The 32LE5400 is still on sale at Best Buy for $599. I'm not sure if it's the best TV, but it's on your list.
Not sure? LOL It's obviously one of the best backlit LED, that is only if you find IPS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.