Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Now that my theater is complete, I sold my Pioneer 58" HDTV that I had in the family room. I am looking to get a nice 36" tube set. Nothing over the top, just good picture quality , and no extra features needed. HDTV or analog.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Under $800 will only buy you an analog 32" set, or an open box Samsung 32" HDTV. You have to get up to over $1000 for the lowend analog 36" sets and $1700 for the HDTV 36" sets.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don,

Thanks for the reply. I can however, get many 36" analog models for under $800, even some flat screen models. I was just browsing CC and BB this evening. They both had several Panasonic, RCA, Toshiba, JVC, sets for under $800, a couple were as low as $550 and $650 (the 36" RCA with the xbox connector was on sale for $649. There were also a few 32" HDTV sets for around $750.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions from experience for the best quality in this range.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
personally i'd go for a 32" sony .. probly the fs200 .. unless of course you'd rather the extra few inches then i'd go for the jvc .. better picture quality and it should last you longer

·
Registered
158 Posts
I recently bought a Samsung TXL3676 for $488.00 at Fry's Electronics. I'm fairly critical of picture quality, but more interested in value. This set has component, and S video inputs, and provides a very respectable picture from my dish (into S video), and even nicer from the DVD player into the component video inputs. I use it as a monitor, but it does have very decent sound as well.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
RBethel...plese tell me more about this TV. Does it do 16x9 compression for anamorphic DVDs? Does Fry Electronics have a web address or do on-line sales?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
Fry's is retail stores only.
Fry's recently bought Outpost.com . I haven't looked, but it might be worth checking there. If they do not carry TV's now, perhaps they will in the future.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The Toshiba 36AX61 Cinema Series is in your price range and worth a look.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone!

I will check into the two models listed so far. Can't find too much on the Toshiba yet, but I have found the Samsung online at several places. None of them have free shipping like Amazon though, and most want almost $200 to ship it...yikes. Wish there was a Fry's around here.

Any more recommendations?

Thanks,

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.