AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

After pouring through various threads here and elsewhere, I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to pick up a 37-40" 1080p LCD for my family room, up to $1,000. As for performance, I'd rank the highest priority for a quality picture when gaming (360) with minimal screen ghosting/bleeding.

There's been lots of great suggestions in other threads for ideal sets, but the problem is that there's so many choices, my head is kinda spinning.

The top suggestions include the following:

-Samsung LN40A550

-Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ800

-Toshiba 40RV525U

-Sony KDL40S4100

The Samsung LN40A550 is the lead set I was considering, but I read that the sound output isn't so hot (my wife only watches television using the stock speakers).

I'm also learning about the 60Mhz vs. 120Mhz difference and thinking that 120Mhz might serve me better for gaming (and live sports). Should I worry about this with a 37-40" screen? If so, what brands/models should I consider?

Thank you so much for any possible input. I'm hoping to pick up a new set within' the week and would be ever so grateful for thoughts on the best direction to go to meet my needs. Is there a single/couple "must-have" LCD televisions that meet the criteria described above?

Thanks a million!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts