AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before but times have changed. Here are a few I found under 900. 1080P is a must.

Toshiba 40RV525U

Toshiba REGZA 42RV535U

Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ800

Do you have any other suggestions or comments an the above LCDs?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would go for the biggest size you can afford. If I could get 5 more inches than a comparatively priced tv even if the 37" had a marginally better pq I would. Im not saying the panny does but I have read that it is an excellent tv. But the toshibas are good too.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
My vote goes for the Panny. It has excellent PQ and its IPS panel produces the best off-axis PQ available in an LCD TV today. This is my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 /forum/post/15569137

My vote goes for the Panny. It has excellent PQ and its IPS panel produces the best off-axis PQ available in an LCD TV today. This is my opinion anyway.

I have heard that also but 5" is a significant difference in size for the same price.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyjoe /forum/post/15569152

I have heard that also but 5" is a significant difference in size for the same price.

That's why my larger TVs are plasmas.
You can get a 42" 1080p Panny plasma within the OP's budget.

·
Registered
806 Posts
In that price range the Vizios are a quite good value. I have the 37" 1080p LCD (the 42" was too big to met WAF standards), the only thing it is lacking is 120 hz refresh rate to take 24p without having to use 2/3 pulldown (still looks good with motion). Excellent color, gray scale, speed capabilities, 3 HDMI 1.3 inputs (one is on the side). If you buy through Costco you get a 2 year warranty and it is very well built and they have them on display next to the other brands (they stack up quite well).

The only bad thing is the lack of zoom and closed caption buttons on the remote, they are in the menu (relatively minor, my HDTV DVR has both).

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just purchased a 42xv545 on line. This set was not available for local viewing, so I went for it sight unseen. It's an ok set. Picture needed quite a bit of tuning to get the colors correct (for my viewing). I don't see a big difference with the use of the 120hz Clearframe or the SRT. So if I had to do again, I'd most likely save some money and go with one of the lower model sets. I could have either saved $300.00 and got the 42rv535, or gone with a 46rv535 for the same money as the 42xv545. If you're going to purchase online, I highly suggest sticking to a tier 1 or 2 manufactures that have an in home warranty. If not, you're responsible for shipping the set back to the manufacture for service.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroG /forum/post/15624542

I just purchased a 42xv545 on line. This set was not available for local viewing, so I went for it sight unseen. It's an ok set. Picture needed quite a bit of tuning to get the colors correct (for my viewing). I don't see a big difference with the use of the 120hz Clearframe or the SRT. So if I had to do again, I'd most likely save some money and go with one of the lower model sets. I could have either saved $300.00 and got the 42rv535, or gone with a 46rv535 for the same money as the 42xv545. If you're going to purchase online, I highly suggest sticking to a tier 1 or 2 manufactures that have an in home warranty. If not, you're responsible for shipping the set back to the manufacture for service.

QuattroG

In the srt settings there are 3 modes with 5 levels of adjustment to each mode. If you have these set right you should see a noticeable improvement with sd/720 and dvd material.

Most lcds are going to need picture tuning because every individual will have different viewing preferences.

I actually like autoview. It is set very close to how I like. My least favorite is sports mode so I changed that to my preference mode.

This link is for the latest review Ive seen on your tv if youre interested.

http://www.hometheaterreview.com/equ...ewed001909.php

1 - 9 of 9 Posts