AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new LCD to put in my office, which I will also be getting a 360 for to making a gaming room/office [this will probably be counterproductive to me doing much work, but that's ok!]

Couple of questions for those on here that may know more than myself [I trust you more than I trust the local salesmen].

1) I will be sitting around 8-10 feet away. Is it worth going to 1080P for gaming purposes, or is 720P good enough? Is it true that XBOX 360 is only 720P anyway?

2) What size is ideal for gaming from the distance of 8-10 ft? 37? 40? 42? 42 is the largest I can go for the size I have.

3) Can you recommend any sets for that size? I like the Sharps and LGs. I saw a Philips set and Toshiba set at a best buy that looked pretty nice too, but I couldn't find much research any on them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Samsung LNT-4061f if you have a lot of reflection in the room,

Samsung LNT-4066f if you don't have a lot of reflection......

Yeah get the 1080p. I have found that I like the 1080p better for gaming on my tv with my Elite more than I like 720p. Picture looks better, crisper, less jaggies. XboX does 1080p on a few games now and more as time goes buy, most games are in 1080i and a few are in 720p just means your tv will up the pic to 1080p depending on what your xbox is outputing. If you plan on hooking up a pc to it, 1920x1080p looks 10 times better than 1366x768.

Now this tv does 1080p over hdmi, vga, and some people have it work well over components while some get wavy lines. There is no overscan on HDMI and VGA. There is a problem some have with HDMI handshake but that is about it. Some have had it cleared up with a new motherboard and firmware upgrade. Good luck and check out some of the other threads....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts