AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are upgrading our TV to a Samsung 46" C7000 3D (and blue ray as well) and also need to upgrade our 15 year old Denon receiver.

I'm not too familiar with receiver technology, but we have narrowed down our search to the Pioneer Elites (due to the IPHone/IPod function).

I"m confused by the different models (elite vs. non elite). Have considered the VSX 30 or 31 (due to price - need to keep it less than $450). But also found some info on the 1120k which is more $. Are there any other models or even brands that I should consider?

I have 4 Boston Acoustics Power Towers with center channel as a sound system. Other needs include 3D ready, multizone (2 zone is fine), and cost (less than $500). This unit will only be connected to the new 3D TV, 4 BA power towers and center channel, and the blu-ray.

What works best - the VSX-31, 1120k, or any other model? THanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To clarify, my budget is between 450-500. I found a vsx-31 for less than 400 but it looks like the 1120k is about 100-150 more so it may be out of my price range. Just wondering if I should go for the vsx-31.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question...

What is the real difference between the 1020K and 1120k? On Amazon, the 1120K today (Cyber Monday) is $480 and the 1020 is $360. Is the extra $120 worth it?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls710 /forum/post/0

One more question...

What is the real difference between the 1020K and 1120k? On Amazon, the 1120K today (Cyber Monday) is $480 and the 1020 is $360. Is the extra $120 worth it?

The 1120 has: More power-per-channel, amplifier pre-outs for all channels, more device connectivity, dramatically improved video processor, hdmi passthrough in standby mode, audio return channel, programmable remote...

I personally believe those differences make it worth it. You'll have to decide based on your own needs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.