AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Sony 65" XBR HX950 for my theater room and am in the market for a nice TV for just in my bedroom.

I only really have space for a 40" TV and am thinking about getting the Samsung un40es6500 120hz Slim 3D LED.

From what I can tell this is the best I can do staying in the 40" inch and 120hz range for my money.

Also I have been told that the new Samsung models are set to come out soon and not sure if there is anything slated to out perform this model but I do not want to wait too long. Any idea when that may be?

·
Registered
600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryelinek  /t/1462006/best-40-led-tv-for-my-price-also-when-are-the-new-samsung-models-coming-out#post_23049582

I recently purchased a Sony 65" XBR HX950 for my theater room and am in the market for a nice TV for just in my bedroom.

I only really have space for a 40" TV and am thinking about getting the Samsung un40es6500 120hz Slim 3D LED.

From what I can tell this is the best I can do staying in the 40" inch and 120hz range for my money.

Also I have been told that the new Samsung models are set to come out soon and not sure if there is anything slated to out perform this model but I do not want to wait too long. Any idea when that may be?

They've already started shipping their 2013's, I would wait/consider one of those, I'd pick up a 2012 if you can.

If you're looking at their edge lit LED/LCD's I'd look at the ES6100 rather than the ES6500, unless you want 3D. Performance wise the 2 are essentially identical.

And if you don't necessarily need smart functionality, I'd look at the EH6000, really solid value, it's a direct backlit LED/LCD rather than an edge lit, but also uses the same thin bezel design.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts