AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Gettin my second digital camera, first priority is video quality. Is there anything better than the Sony HX9v for video for around $400?

Lookin for 1080p, and I like AVCHD since it has super good compression while retaining all the quality.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
The SD90 will be around your budget.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Sony HX9 is the camera in question.

Was checking out youtube footage, and I think the HX9 outs the SD90 believe it or not.

Going to have to study the video on the HX100v vs HX9 a bit more to examine the differences

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Hopefully you're including the TM90 in your searches since it has the same picture quality.

The TM90 has much more manual controls for video if you want to control the picture. The best way to compare is always through native files but still, in what ways do you think the HX9 is better?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally I didn't know if the HX9 would be better or not, just that reviews conclude it's video capabilities are amazing.

Upon looking at various youtube footage/video tests, however, I now think that the Sony HX9 video does look better than the TM90 video. I'm using YouTube as a comparison because it will be my primary place of storage/viewing for my soon to be videos. If the videos don't look better on YouTube, I see no reason to spend the extra $100 on it.

Will continue to research and post my findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.