AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Rear Projection and am lookin at the Toshiba 42HDX82 but want to know what the best 42" (besides expensive Sony's hopefully) for me to buy. HD obviously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Get a better quality 34 to 36" than a low quality 40"...if you're stretching the budget to get the cheapest 40", you WILL regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by afromanbob
I am new to Rear Projection and am lookin at the Toshiba 42HDX82 but want to know what the best 42" (besides expensive Sony's hopefully) for me to buy. HD obviously.
Sony has a new 42" coming out - the 42WE610. Not sure what your price range is - but new sets (GWIII) will be less expensive than the GWII's.


Maybe worth a look.


Good Luck!


David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by faceoff
Sony has a new 42" coming out - the 42WE610. Not sure what your price range is - but new sets (GWIII) will be less expensive than the GWII's.


Maybe worth a look.


Good Luck!


David


When does that set come out? Do you know what the price would be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by afromanbob
When does that set come out? Do you know what the price would be?
List is 2,799 - should hit stores around the end of the month.


Good Luck!


David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
3 1/2 years ago, I would have happily posted how awesome my Pana CT-34WX50 direct-view was except a bit for the darks but how I felt $3200 was reasonable for such a set (34" direct-view) at the time.


Now, you couldn't pay me to buy one for a grand even. It proved a disappointment.


Ross
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rpgoldberg
Get a better quality 34 to 36" than a low quality 40"...if you're stretching the budget to get the cheapest 40", you WILL regret it.
Ditto.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top