AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I did a search on this topic but every thread was 1-2 years old so not really relevant.

All the magazine reviews seem to focus on the highest end TV's in their respective size categories, so they weren't much help to me.

Anyways, I am looking for a 46"-50" TV for around $1000 or less (Canadian, so maybe $800ish USD).

I don't care what type of TV it is (LCD or Plasma), or how it's backlit. The room doesn't have a lot of direct sunlight where the TV is going, and I'm fully aware of all the advantages/disadvantages between types of TVs, placement, etc. My question is strictly about which model numbers to look for regarding the best bang for the buck in this size category.

Anyways, I would appreciate some recommendations. One TV that caught my eye was the Sony KDL46EX500. It's a non-LED LCD, looks to be last years model. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Mark

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Actually, there are a ton of current threads on this if you look.

However, the EX500 is a VERY highly rated TV in its price range, so I'd look at it and the Samsung C630 and choose between the two.

Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. /forum/post/19640264

Thanks Jim - I must not have searched very hard but I tried a few searches and nothing came up

Mark

lots of 46 lcd tvs for 1000 or less right now. do a google product search with the term 46 lcd, 47 lcd, 50 plasma, 52 lcd, 55 lcd, 46 led, or 47 led and put in your min and max price on the left. google will also provide you with local results if you do not want to order from online places.

as far as the best 46 lcd for around that price imo would be the samsung ln46c650 or sony 46ex500.

if you like the led tvs they are starting to come down in price in the 46 range for $1000 here in san diego with the samsung un46c6300 and the sony 46ex710.

50" plasmas will be around the same price or a little cheaper compared to the 46/47" lcds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts