AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd recommend the ln46b750. You can get it for around 1600-1700 depending on the store/deals.

I just ordered one, and based on many impressions/reviews and some in-store viewing, it's one of the best looking lcds on the market. And it's got a very smooth picture if you set the motion processing to the right levels.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGreen321 /forum/post/16921315

If you only watch sports, you're in the wrong forum, seriously. Look into plasma. Motion is a huge part of sports and motion blur is a *****.

+1 for that ...you can get good 1080p televisions in LCD flavour but good set will cost you more than a plasma.

Cheers,

Jiff

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 /forum/post/16921922

well motion handling isn't an issue with newer lcds with 200hz,but the sony Z5100 and XBR9 200hz is slightly better then the samsungs B750,they also have better sound.

here is a side by side comparision b/w last years sony XBR6 vs samsung B750.
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.p...&p2=3908&ph=15

You must live in the "old country." We have 240hz here in the colonies.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I would recommend looking at a Plasma also. I have one of the new Luxia LED sets, 120hz, and there is no way I could watch hours of football on it. That is why I bought the Samsung 58B560 to replace my Sony 52" XBR, very easy on the eyes and handles sports television like a dream. The sole reason for making the step over to plasma... FOOTBALL!

And Fox news looks great on it too.

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
First post on these forums.

I am in the market for (been researching like mad for the last month or so) a 46 or 47" HDTV. Since my LR is fairly light (I have several windows) my initial thought was to eliminate the plasma because of the glare issue ( OTOH, I have had friends tell me that the glare issue is exaggerated) and the fact that technology seems to be leaving it behind in favor of LCDs.

BUT one of the reasons that I am buying it is that I like to watch football (when my wife isn't watching her stuff). But it's not like it's going to be dedicated solely to sports...

I have been looking hard at Samsung and Sony, 1080P, 120 Hz, preferably with a fast response rate, 5 ms or faster.

One thing that I would appreciate input on is this: at Sam's Club the other day, I was looking at a Samsung LN46B610. Drove down the street to a Best Buy and was checking out a LN46B650. Samsung (and other manufacturers) have a regular hierarchy of model numbers, in this case the B610, B620, B630, B640 and the B650. I have been trying to find out the biggest differences between the individual model #s, (the BB sales guy tried to tell me that Sam's sets were made with "seconds" or refurbished parts), which I thought was ridiculous.

But perhaps some of you (I have been very impressed with the depth of knowledge on this forum) can educate me.

I have been reading about the Samsung B650, and it seems to have the Motion Blur feature that would minimize any problem with fast-moving sports action.

The second main consideration for me is that my local cable provider (small-town vs big outfit like Cox) does not provide their customers with a set-top box, thus the number of channels that I get that would be HD would be much less than with a STB or with a satellite provider (Dish or DirecTV).

So, much of my cable programming will not be HDTV, at least until I move - maybe in the next year or so.

Thoughts and suggestions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
you should look into, the sony 8900 it sports 10000hrz of horse power.
anti-wrinkle screen with a built in wiper plus its 0.1cm comes in chocolate in vanilla pluse its only $1500 for a 100inch.. im happy
J/K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts