AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are finally buying a house! And I have family room to build.

We are wall mounting a 65" and want to do a 5.1 discrete setup. I have a great Denon receiver and amplified sub, but my speakers are old and worn out. I can definitely do with an upgrade.

So I am looking for suggestions for a center, left, right and pair of surrounds. My total budget is $1000 (give or take), mixing value and relative quality. And because I want to wall mount, perhaps on a floating wall, I would like them to be wall mounted. Obviously, I want a set that is timber matched, and if there was a set sold all at once for a discounted rate, that would not be a bad thing.

My concern is that as I look around the internet, it seems like you have three options:

- Small egg like speakers

- free standing left and rights, or

- book shelf (meaning boxey looking) speakers

Ideally, I would love something that was a bit leaner looking, perhaps a bit long and thin. Kind of like the center speakers are, but turned vertically. Someting a bit shallower than a foot deep would be nice too.

And yes, I know that aesthetics should not prioritize over acoustics, but hopefully I can have it all, with reasonable quality and at a realistic price. If you take a look at Groove's setup on the UK board, you can get an idea of what I am shooting for.

HELP ME AV-Form-obi.... your my only hope!

(Thanks in advance)

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts