AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for a 5.1 or 6.1 Surround Receiver for Movie viewing purposes.

I'm leaning towards the Denon AVR-2802 over the 1802 since it offers component video switching--although I don't need the extra rear channel in my setup.

Any speaker recommendations......I'm considering using Divas 4.1 for the fronts and haven't decided on the center/sub/rears. The rears are in the ceiling on an angled wall directly over my couch, which is placed against the rear wall of my game room. I'm leaning toward some sort of dipoles for these. Very small room and no other options for the rears.

As for DVD recommendations, I'm leaning towards Toshiba SD5700. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any input anyone may have!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Denon 2802 (I have this reciever and love it)

Divas 4.1

Denon 1600 (fantastic picture with no chroma bug and great audio with bass management for DVD-Audio)

Flip

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got the Denon 3802 for under your requested price range. It has enough power to drive the 4.1's. I believe it has two component in's and one out.

What price range for the speakers and what size is the room? Seems like a smaller room size could be one of y our concerns.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Try the Pioneer VSX-811S.

Posted by: nick4433

Jun-09-02, 04:52 PM

"re: What you guys think of Pioneer VSX-811S?"

I had posted my obeservations on the Onk 600 and the Pioneer 811S and had posted a deteailed review on the boards about the 811S. I could tell the difference in power without paying a lab in NJ or anything like that.

The 811S is a tremendous receiver for that price and defintely can't be beat. It outperforms the Yammys, ONkyos and Denons at least in HT and can keep up with the Denon 2802 in HT performance. The 2802 will get the better of the 811S in music but at $299, do you really care?

http://forums14.consumerreview.com/c...08.5bG1aJyybj9 ^[email protected]

:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
double post.

:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Denon 2802 and am quite satisfied with it. While it does purport to have component video switching, beware that there are degredation of signal issues with receivers that don't have a certain level of bandwidth, and the 2802 isn't there. I believe the 3802 has the bandwidth, but couldn't swear to it. More technical minds call tell you much more. Do a search for component video switching and you should find lots of info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.