AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 5.1 speaker set to use with my Sony Sony STRDG820, BDP-s350 Blu-Ray player, and KDL46V4100 LCD TV. Room size is 14x14x8. Budget is around $300, and that's pushing it (we just added on to the house, and thus have spent a small fortune on furniture, electronics, etc). The plan is to put together a decent home theater to use for a few years until the kids are a bit older and I can save up for a high-end set-up.

Anyway, have been looking at the Polk RM6750, which I can get for $230 shipped, but haven't been able to hear them anywhere (Circuit City has them, but I've gone to two stores and neither had them set up correctly). Any thoughts on the Polks or any other suggestions?

TIA

·
Registered
366 Posts
i'd go for a 5.0 system.

Energy C100 - $100/pair

Energy CC50 - $80

Energy C50 - $70/pair

$250 without a sub.....but i'd bet a dollar it'll be better than any packaged set of speakers you'd find at circuit city.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oddly enough Biglots of all places has a package with a Denon avr-588 and Boston Acoustics MCS130 system for under your price point.

Not easy to find but it's going to be hard to beat. I don't much care for the styling of the Bostons but the SQ is fine for the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnord /forum/post/15491270

i'd go for a 5.0 system.

Energy C100 - $100/pair

Energy CC50 - $80

Energy C50 - $70/pair

$250 without a sub.....but i'd bet a dollar it'll be better than any packaged set of speakers you'd find at circuit city.

What sub would you recommend with this setup?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
dayton sub120 = $150 shipped. would match anything in the price catagory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts