AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,481 Posts
Pioneer PDP-5020FD is the best in that price range. Pioneer is the best, but you better hurry, Pioneer is not going to make tv's anymore in 2010. You can get the Pioneer for around $1900 online, around $2000 at BB. It's better than other brands that are $500+ more expensive. I've been researching the Plasmas for the last 6 months, and haven't found anything more impressive in the $2000 range. Getting mine next Friday! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman /forum/post/17037305


Pioneer PDP-5020FD is the best in that price range. Pioneer is the best, but you better hurry, Pioneer is not going to make tv's anymore in 2010. You can get the Pioneer for around $1900 online, around $2000 at BB. It's better than other brands that are $500+ more expensive. I've been researching the Plasmas for the last 6 months, and haven't found anything more impressive in the $2000 range. Getting mine next Friday! :)

get the pioneer krp-500m. its better than the 5020.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Both of those Pioneers look great. My price range is more between the $1000-$1600 so I guess that leaves me looking at Panasonic G10 and the Samsung B550 and B650's. Still not sure what to decide. Wish I could get my hands on a krp-500m.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399 /forum/post/17037230


Im looking to get a 50 inch plasma TV and am looking to spend around 1200-2000 dollars on it. What brands and models are worth looking at?



Thanks in advance.


-Hunter



The best plasma in that range is the Pioneer KRP-500M.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thedoubleg /forum/post/17037394


Both of those Pioneers look great. My price range is more between the $1000-$1600 so I guess that leaves me looking at Panasonic G10 and the Samsung B550 and B650's. Still not sure what to decide. Wish I could get my hands on a krp-500m.


I'd go for the G10 in that case. Samsung has shoddy quality (and even worse customer service) and their plasmas buzz pretty bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
Is this your main display? How are your viewing conditions? The best may not look the best in a lot of light. If this is going to be an auxilliary set then you may not even need to spend as much as your budget allows. Also, are you a videophile or a factory looks okay person? That may dictate what set you get. What do you plan to watch on it, cable or satellite may allow you to go with a less expensive set also. Just trying to save you some money. Go to Monoprice Cable for the mount, wayyyyy less money and you can do pull-ups on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
hunter, ignore much of the hyperbole about kuro and the bashing of sammy for the moment. Instead, go and see which brand best pleases you. The quality of the samsung, lg, pioneer (kuro), and panasonic are pretty close.


For the moment your first priority is for you to decide which picture you like the most.


By the way, I think the Samsung 650 and 800 series plasmas are the best out there but you have to decide what you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Regardless of what his/her conditions are hands down the pioneer series plasma is the best choice for the price and picture quality,


Op if you cant budge for the extra cash for the pioneer then try to get the best model from panasonic


to many or most this is how it usualy is

Pioneer > panasonic > samsung
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I have never bought anything of Amazon, that however seems like a tough deal to pass up... Anyone have any negative comments towards amazon?? Or would this link be pretty reputable? We had a Hitachi P50h401 that just died after 2 years, and are looking to possibly get it fixed but in the meantime we are just gonna pick up something new. Looking for the best Price/Performance option. Thanks



EDIT: Samsung 50" Class 1080p Plasma HDTV with 4 HDMI™ Inputs (49.9" diagonal size)

Model: PN50B550 BestBuy is having a sale on this as well Takes on this one? TV will be used for movies/games
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanX /forum/post/17040158


I have never bought anything of Amazon, that however seems like a tough deal to pass up... Anyone have any negative comments towards amazon?? Or would this link be pretty reputable? We had a Hitachi P50h401 that just died after 2 years, and are looking to possibly get it fixed but in the meantime we are just gonna pick up something new. Looking for the best Price/Performance option. Thanks



EDIT: Samsung 50" Class 1080p Plasma HDTV with 4 HDMI™ Inputs (49.9" diagonal size)

Model: PN50B550 BestBuy is having a sale on this as well. Takes on this one? TV will be used for movies/games

I just purchased a PN58B650 two weeks ago from amazon and had it delivered to my father-in-law. Absolutely no problems at all. Delivery men were even instructed to unbox the set and place it on the stand. Which my father-in-law told them not to do
Fortunatley, the tv was in perfect shape, no buzz or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanX /forum/post/17040158


EDIT: Samsung 50" Class 1080p Plasma HDTV with 4 HDMI™ Inputs (49.9" diagonal size)

Model: PN50B550 BestBuy is having a sale on this as well Takes on this one? TV will be used for movies/games

I want this T.V., but Best Buy and at least two eBay listings I have looked at say that this unit has no Component Inputs. The listing at NewEgg and on the Samsung site show two on the rear panel. Are these different models or just bad info?


Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.


I found a picture, the Best Buy site is incorrect. There are two Component Video inputs on the rear panel. I think I'm all over this T.V. (at this price).
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top