AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 52" LCD with 60 hz. What are my best options. I think I have them narrowed down to either the Samsung 550 or the Sony V4100. I was at Best Buy and Circuit City today, and the V4100 seemed to have significantly less pixelation from up close. Not really sure about which set had the better PQ or color.

Can anyone help me decide which tv is better, or if there are any other 60 hz models that I should be thinking about? Are these the 2 best sets? Which has the better PQ on standard def tv? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes, I do believe you'd benefit from the V4100 better, there's more solid connectivity, more defined pictures, better motion blur reduction features, and a little more accurate picture, so yes, for mid-range sets, Sony does seem to do better in that range. It's your higher end models that Samsung is more bang for the buck in, but for mid-range, Sony is pretty much better in that department.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you are willing to mail order from a reputable dealer, you should also check out the Mitsubishi 52133 from maybe Vanns or Crutchfield. You might find the price with no tax and shipping included to be pretty much unbeatable for a set that can compete nicely with the models you're looking at.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing that scares me about the 4100 is the whole sparkle issue. I don't want to be watching a show and have to see sparkles! I can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram10 /forum/post/14281568

the thing that scares me about the 4100 is the whole sparkle issue. I don't want to be watching a show and have to see sparkles! I can't make up my mind.

Then just buy it from somewhere that has an easy return/exchange policy in case you get a sparkle set. Otherwise, get the Samsung A550.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK i made up my mind... I am getting the sammy a550. It's a couple hundred cheaper than the sony. the noticeable pixelation from up close just got me nervous today. Hopefully i am makin the right choice.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram10 /forum/post/14281690

OK i made up my mind... I am getting the sammy a550. It's a couple hundred cheaper than the sony. the noticeable pixelation from up close just got me nervous today. Hopefully i am makin the right choice.

Pixelation is probably due to source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts