AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've given up on a projector setup since we will be using the TV as the main TV in the house for TV watching and movies. Plus, the room is relatively bright (not terrible, but there is some light in there). We will not be using it for video games at all.

What should I be looking at? Budget around $1,500, ideally around 60 inches. THanks

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Walmart had the 60" Vizio M60 4K Tv for $1398 when I was in there yesterday. I don't think you are going to find any other 60" 4K sets that are worth buying in that price range. The next cheapest 60" 4K set I could find was $1800 and then $2000 after that.

Even if you don't want to buy it at Walmart you can use the image below to get other stores to price match it.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you can find any left, the 2014 LG 60UB8200 (no 3D, but 4K) has been going for $1100 plus change on Amazon, and Fry's has been running one-day promo deals as low as $1099 (but with some being open box - ask for a new one...).

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Id say the best deal going right now is on the Samsung H7150 the 65" is $1299 right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a 60UB8200 from MicroCenter last week. It isn't "3D", but I would never use that anyway. It is a very impressive TV with some nice built in ISF calibration tools. Sure it is "last years" model...but even if you bought a 2015 model, in just a few months it will also be "last years" model. So far I'm happy with it, the MicroCenter is in store only and runs through the end of May while supplies last.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a 60UB8200 from MicroCenter last week. It isn't "3D", but I would never use that anyway. It is a very impressive TV with some nice built in ISF calibration tools. Sure it is "last years" model...but even if you bought a 2015 model, in just a few months it will also be "last years" model. So far I'm happy with it, the MicroCenter is in store only and runs through the end of May while supplies last.
I have one as well, and the picture looks horrible, especially for a 4K tv!!...I am usually very good at calibrating my TV's, but this one still looks pretty bad!!...How does yours look?..did you calibrate it??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts