AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be using the plasma entirely for gaming. My main concern is input lag and PQ.

Price not really a factor...but I am not obsessive about calibration and/or reference quality.

I play a lot of FPS games but im not really super hardcore... but when i play i want the best PQ possible.

I play in a dark room.

Which plasma should i buy?? Will any of the 2012-2013 Panasonic plasmas be ideal for me? I know to stay away from the ST60 due to higher input lag!

Thanks, guys !!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know zt60 is like the best PQ right now but can i really justify spending $4,000 on the 65" model? money isn't really an issue but it's the principle of it... and especially since i probably wont notice much difference in game mode.

i am thinking perhaps i should go with the lowest input lag model...? is there a list of all plasma input lag specs?

also, maybe black level is also an issue with games. which tv has good detail in blacks??

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
S60 is probably the best option for low input lag and semi-acceptable brightness. Last year's U50/U50 is also ok, although they're dimmer.

VT60 would be the second best as it also has low input lag but I do not know if you're going to like its ABL.

ZT60 would be the third best...same input lag as the VT, but dimmer.

Me..I will be waiting until the next year's models come out. Samsung F8500 turned out to be perfect, ST60 near perfect, but both are marred by terrible input lags.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought the s60 65" and returned it. Great for gaming but i found the pq wasnt all that great (cnet settings) on cable hd channels.

Im picking up the 60" VT60 sometime this week and ill let you know how that compares.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, my current TV is a 42" LCD from 2009: LG 42LH30

im sure any of 65" panasonic plasmas will blow me away (PQ wise). i havent been gaming on current console systems since their graphics are so poor but now with next-gen consoles getting ready to release... im looking for a new TV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts