AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the px5's. They work, but I'm not happy with the interference. Even 10 feet away, I get a lot of static and sound drop. Additionally, the surround sound isn't that great and the bass production is poor. Also, I can no longer find game sound presets for the px5 in the turtlebeach community.

With that said, can anyone share what is the best 7.1 headphones for Xbox 360, and why?

I've looked at the tritton, astro, and turtlebeach options, but haven't had a chance to play with anything other than the aforementioned px5's. I really wish there was something comparable to the Razer Tiamat 7.1, but with onboard processing for digital surround (dolby, dts). I already have my hdmi plugged into my onkyo, but with inwall speakers, it's a bit loud for the family, so I'm in the market for new headset. Since I'm already using HDMI, I guess I'm confined to optical, which is the only option I've seen for console headphones anyway.

Any recommendations/suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Astros are bar none the best gamer headphones with the mixamp. I use Tritton ax720's but if I had the money I would have gotten the Astros

1 - 4 of 4 Posts