AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's that time to upgrade the PJ again. X1 was my first, bulb burst, sold it on ebay, and bought a BenQ PB6200. Now that bulb is around 2000hrs so it's time to upgrade again.

I'd like your recommendations on the best PJ that runs native widescreen at 720p for HD and PC content. I upconvert my DVDs through the HTPC and will run the desktop resolution and games at the PJs native rez. I watch a little SD cable, and a lot of HD content. Everything runs through my HTPC, and I'd like to use the DVI --> DVI or HDMI.

My limit is around $3,000. I liked the PB-6200's brightness because I do watch the PJ during the day sometimes and I can only block about 50% of the light in this room. I'd like a 3000hr+ bulb if possible so I can wait a year and a half to upgrade again :)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like a winner. Looks like the MSRP is $2499. Any forum supporting dealers running deals on this PJ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnus
That seems like a winner. Looks like the MSRP is $2499. Any forum supporting dealers running deals on this PJ?
I am with him. Anybody can give us a better deal than 2.5K?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump.. looking to buy ASAP - would like to use a forum supporting dealer - make us a deal we can't refuse!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
take a good look at the Mitsubishi HC3000. AVS is running a promo on them until the end of the year as documented in the sticky thread above. If I were buying a new 720p PJ today, that is what I would be looking at. Offhand, I'm not sure about the brightness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.