AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I've been musing on the idea of going the UST projector route for quite some time now but while I'm pretty much set on the projector itself (LG's latest) I'm very confused about the screen selection. This is a first venture into the world of projectors for me, so you might say that I'm a complete n00b at this.

The definite prerequisites I do have in mind are that the screen should be rollable from the top (as my TV will sit behind it when not used), should be around 100" and should be ambient light reflective.

Now, some HT youtubers with credible content mention Vividstorm screens, particularly this one and its' floor standing brother

http://www.vividstormscreens.com/display/265673.html

I've also heard about EluneVision, but their pricing is a bit on a "wild" side for me.

Does someone have any first-hand experience with a UST/Vividstorm combo? Or there is a better alternative to this in a similar price range?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a vividstorm floor rising screen & Vava 4K UST... both of them were returned.

The screen came warped slightly and there was no way for me to improve that other than using the keystone correction inside the projector to adjust for it. What really sucked about the screen was that it isn’t 16x9 so when you line it up “perfectly” there’s a inch or two gap at the bottom.

I really wanted it to work so I talked with the sellers to try and get it figured out but ultimately I decided to back out & look elsewhere. Unfortunately, the only other option I have found that would work well would be the screen innovations solo pro 2... but it’s $4500

Returned the projector because I couldn’t get the damn thing to work with a universal remote & the input lag was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
The VIVIDSTORM I bought is of good quality,and the after-sales service is great. I adjusted the screen too high, but didn't know how to adjust it back to the normal height, so I contacted the VIVIDSTORM. Although it has been half a year, they are still very enthusiastic to send me my teaching video. By the way I bought it from Amazon, they shipped it directly from the US, I only got the screen in 4 days, lucky!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts