AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm trying to install a speaker system for a detached patio and pool area. That area wouldn't be physically connected to my indoor system. I would like it to drive a number of speakers (about 8), that would be about evenly split between two areas: the pool (4 staked landscape speakers, and maybe a buried sub in the future) and a nearby patio area (4 mounted outdoor speakers).

I'd like the system to be Sonos-based, since that's what I run inside. I assume because of the number of speakers, I need to run a Sonos Connect with a separate amplifier (as opposed to the Sonos Connect:Amp). I also would like to control the volume of the two outdoor areas separately, if possible, and in a perfect world through the Sonos app. I don't anticipate I'd play different music in the two area, but might want to make it louder by the pool, while keeping it quieter in the sitting area in the patio, for example.

Any suggestions about the best set up? Do I need a multi-channel amplifier? If so, any recommendations re what you think would be serve the need?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious as to your speaker choice

I have a Sonos system and the Sonance outdoor speakers and sub

They are amazing
Still deciding. I've looked at the Sonance speakers, and they look great, but worried they are outside my price range. I see Niles also has speakers and sub that I'm leaning towards, but still researching that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts